XXVII

Happy Mother's Day everyone.💞💞

Hope you and your moms are having a good day. If you don't live with your mom or there are casualties, then Happy Sunday.

So this chapter will be a bit on the short side because it will be a pretty sad chapter *cue crying emoji* It will be in Diego's POV.

But anyways, onto the chapter.

(Don't forget to leave a vote and comment on this chapter, it is always appreciated)

(Diego at the top)

||||||

Previously on Until Dawn

"Don't hold yourself back mom, show me what you got."

I still regret saying those words.

My mother wasn't only a master of the fire element, she knew each and every one to the T. The biggest mistake was ever challenging her in the first place.

I'm not sure what had come over me, but I knew that I fought for the people I love. I fought for the people enslaved by her. I fought for the children who were going to be enslaved by her.

I fought against the one person haunting my nightmares,

Even if it was a loss, I could at least say I tried. I can saw I won.

||||||

Chapter 27

Diego's POV

Beep.

Beep.

The noise filled my ears as I stared blankly at the monitor. The series of jagged lines appearing in a continuous loop was the only thing keeping me completely sane right now.

I wanted to scream, to get angry and rip everything in sight to shreds. I wanted to isolate myself from this lone world, never see anyone for as long as she's gone. I wanted to cry, to let loose and sob for the one person I lost.

But all I could do is stare.

Stare numbly at the woman beyond the sheet, with her eyes closed and breathing even. I'm not sure how long it has been since I planted myself on this plastic chair, I didn't care, for all I could do was sit and silently hope that she'll be alright.

That soon enough I can hold her in my arms and declare my undying love to her as we say our vows and eventually she bares our children.

The thought of those events not happening brought tears to my eyes.

I'm an Alpha male, I'm not supposed to cry.

But I couldn't stop.

||||

"Diego," I heard my sister whisper as she walked through the room door. I didn't look at her. I simply just grabbed onto Dawn's hand that was dangling off the hospital bed. It was cold.

I felt the hand of my sisters being placed on my shoulder. She gave me a reassuring squeeze. I finally tore my gaze away from the bed and looked up into her tear-filled eyes. It was then I realized I was being selfish.

My sister has known Dawn far longer than I and here I was sitting here, taking away everyone's visiting time, including her.

As if she could hear my thoughts, she smiled sadly and shook her head.

"No, you're her mate, you deserve to stay with her for as long as she's in this state." She told me. I nodded.

It was silent again, the reassuring beeps of the monitor being the only noise in the room. Liberty occasionally let out a few sniffles and I rubbed my eyes. I was beyond tired, but I couldn't sleep. She was too important.

"I don't know why she did it," I heard Liberty say, her voice clouded with sadness. All the traces of sleep went away as I gazed up at my sister in confusion.

"Brooklyn was there, she ended up there when she told us she could feel the wind element nearby, who knew Dawn beat them there."

"The last words she heard was Dawn yelling 'show me what you got' and all hell broke loose, the queen attacked Dawn with, not only fire, but the other elements too. Brook was about to step out to help when the queen was suddenly struck by a bolt of lightning. She then disappeared." Liberty told me. By the time her story was finished I was seething.

It was that stupid witches fault. How did she escape the confinement of our dungeon anyway? We definitely need to up the security.

I suddenly felt the burning urge to shift, I needed to get out of here quick. I abruptly shot up and stormed through the door, shutting it on my way out. I could feel my claws extending and the burning feeling in my limbs become stronger.

I ran outside and went straight to the forest where I shifted, tearing my clothing. I ran off the pent up anger I had inside and cracked a couple of trees. I shifted back after a few hours and went straight to the pack house.

I could tell everyone was walking on eggshell when around me and I didn't blame them. They were informed about the temporary loss of their Alpha female and knew that the Alpha male is bound to be upset.

I want into my office and immediately began throwing things. I growled, punch holes into the drywall and cracking my desk in two. I picked up a picture frame, ready to throw it when I took a glance at it and halted.

Dawn was the face displayed inside the frame. She was smiling with her pearly white teeth and her bright amber eyes filled with happiness. Her fiery hair was put back into a bun and she look as if she was taking a headshot photo.

Dawn had left this picture in here when she and Liberty were fooling around in here. I only accepted it because she was my mate and I planned on making her happy.

My mind still in a trance from the photo, I sat down in my leather chair, the only thing I didn't break, and ran my thumb over her face.

As I stared at the picture, it was unbelievable how much emotion passed through me as I gazed upon my girl looking impeccably happy.

I continued stroking the photo, even when drops of water began falling onto the glass frame. I then brought the photo out of the frame and squeezed the picture. I knew I was probably ruining the photo but I was too far gone to care. I needed my girl back.

"I love you," I whispered. "Please don't leave me."

||||

(Don't forget to leave a vote and comment on this chapter, it is always appreciated)

Next update will be on Sunday. Maybe i'll update early, you decide.

~xAerodynamicMotionx

(silent readers wyd🙃Speak up, i don't bite👋🏾)