XXXIII

I'm sick. Urggghhhhhh. I hate being sick.  To make matters worse I'm going to an amusement park with my friends on Friday and I better get over this stupid ass cold.

But anyways, onto the chapter
*Don't forget to leave a vote and comment on this chapter, it is always appreciated❤️*

|||||||

"An enchanted tree?" I pondered.

"This would explain why it was by itself." I nodded. I took a closer look to see initials engraved onto the bark.

M + M =

"Oh, is this that sorceress and her husband's magical tree? Meghan I think her name is." Brook said. M for Meghan and M for Michael. Makes sense.

"Wouldn't want to ruin their tree."

After a while of horseplay and fooling around we went inside for food because I wouldn't stop complaining about my stomach eating itself. I mean I wasn't lying, I swear that happens when you're starving...Right?

It's weird though, we all thought we were safe when I could have sworn I felt an unwanted presence with us during our session.

Unknown POV:

Stupid elemental bitches.

||||||||

Chapter 33!

Please, please help me.

I've been training with Brook and Autumn for over a week now and they've worked me to exhaustion. I couldn't move the week after and right now I really don't want to leave my comfy bed.

They're looking for me, I can sense it in my brain. I contemplated hiding in the closet but I'm not that basic.

So, I climbed the house and is now sitting on the roof awaiting their arrival. If they can find me.

"Hey, what are you doing up here?" Carson came into view. Haven't seen him around in a while.

"How'd you find me, my hiding plan was fool proof. I even locked the balcony doors which only lock from the inside." I told him, surprised. He laughed and sat himself beside me.

"Your scent lead me to you, haven't seen you in a while and I want to vent to you about something."

Ugh stupid werewolves and their stupid advanced noses. I gave him a look as to tell him to continue.

"Well..." He began, fiddling with his thumbs. "I noticed this... girl a while back but I don't think she has noticed me." He said. My eyebrows almost shot off my face at how high they were raised.

"I thought..."

"No, I am not gay! Why does everyone think that?" He said, aggravated. I smiled and shrugged.

"You're pretty flamboyant." I said. He shot me a glare.

"What does this mystery girl look like? Do I know her?" I questioned. He blushed a bit before opening his mouth when a high-pitched screech sounded from below us.

"Dawn, wherever you are, you better get the fuck down here right now before I send your rampage of a boyfriend after you!" Autumn shouted.

I rolled my eyes and looked over the ledge to see both Autumn and Brook looking for me.

"I forgot to ask, why are you hiding from them?" Carson asked.

"They're making me do work, I don't want to work." I complained, throwing my hands in the air. Carson let out a laugh and patted my shoulder.

"Well, you have to consult with them about your issue. Sadly, I can't help you." He said. I slumped and looked at my legs.

"Hey." Carson said. He wrapped an arm around my shoulder as I leaned into him.

"Maybe you can convince Diego to go all Alpha male on them, if that doesn't work, then you can burn down the village." He laughed. I groaned, pushing him away as I realized he was not going to help me at all.

"I hate you." I grumbled. He replied with a short laugh. All of a sudden, a loud, thunderous monster growl came from behind us. It sounded like the mixture between an ape and a velociraptor.

"Move the fuck away from her now!" A deep voice yelled. We turned to see a shirtless Diego standing with his fist clenched and a murderous glare directed towards Carson.

"Dude." I said, the palms of my hands facing upwards.

"Umm..." You could see that Carson was scared shitless.

"Leave, I'll deal with this idiot." I told him. He nodded frantically before almost killing himself trying to escape Diego's wrath.

I tilted my head to the side as I looked at him. His stance was now less tense as he stared at me intensely. We were having a staring contest before he broke it.

"What were you doing up here with him." He asked.

"Well, it started off as only me and he just came. All we did was talk and catch up so there's no need to get all angry." I told him as I stood up. I walked towards him and stopped so I was directly in front of him.

We haven't talked for over a week because of his stupid behaviour in the office. I was still upset at him for treating me like I was inferior to him.

I am inferior to no one.

"What were you guys talking about?"

"Now that's none of your business." I said.

"It is my business. If he can tell you then he can tell me." He was still upset about what happened a while ago. I sighed.

"Did he finally come out of the closet?" He asked. My eyes shot open as I looked at him.

"You thought he was gay too?" I asked. He nodded.

"I'm sure the whole town though he was." I looked at him then burst out laughing. I felt the tears come out of my eyes as I clutched onto my stomach. I fell onto the floor and began taking deep breaths as I laid on my back.

"Are you done?" I heard Diego ask. I wiped my tears away and looked at him. He seemed unamused though I could be wrong due to the small smile on his face.

"Yeah." I said, not moving from where I laid on the roof. He walked forwards and picked me up so he was holding me bridal style.

"Hey, put me down." I said although I did not mean it. I really didn't want to walk so let him do it for me. I held onto him tightly as he jumped onto the balcony and opened the door.

Once we were in the room, Autumn and Brook barged in with Liberty in tow.

"There you are!" They shouted in unison.

"Here I am." Diego was still carrying me and by the looks of it, I'm not sure he's not going to let me down any time soon.

"Dawn, this is no laughing matter, you have to be prepared for what Amber has in store for us. There's no time for slacking off." Autumn scolded me. I rolled my eyes and slumped against Diego.

"Well can I at least have a day off? I mean, we've been working for over a week and a half all day without any breaks and I'm sore everywhere. I can only go so long before dropping in exhaustion." I tried reasoning with them.

"Were taking a day off, end of discussion." Diego butt in. He then walked us out of our room and carried me into the kitchen.

"When do you think she's going to come?" I asked him. He stared at me before sighing and looking down.

"I'm not sure, but when the time comes we'll be ready."
|||||||
*Don't forget to leave a vote and comment on this chapter, it is always appreciated*

I'm not sure how many chapters are left.
Hopefully a few. Then I can wrap this book up and write my second book which I don't know what's going to be about.
Thanks for reading.
Thanks to all who have voted, commented, and added my story to your reading lists.
~xAerodynamicMotionx