25: Whats Done is Done...

Shadow's POV:

"Ngh..." I said sitting up, and hurting my side. 'Shit! Okay shadow, note to self. Don't do that.' I thought to myself. "..." I was in... My hideout...? When did I get here?! "I guess I'll go look for Keita and the others." I said.

Keita's POV:

"..." I was silent as I stared into the sunset. I was at the place that me and shadow discovered. The sky was like a watercolor painting. "Hey." It was shadow. I didn't react. "Keita...?" She asked poking my shoulder. "Shouldn't you be in bed resting?" I said. "...Well... I don't know. I thought I'd find you because everyone seems really upset and irritable for some reason.

Should I tell her what happened to Sensei?

Or... Should I wait?

"Do you really want to know why everyone is upset?" I asked, standing up and facing her. "Y-yes." She said. "...Sensei..." I began to say.

I was tearing up.

"...Sensei... Died... While you were recovering..." I said wiping my eyes. "W-what? Cmon! Tell me the truth." She said, her mouth forming a worried smile. "I'm not lying Shadow." I said. "N-no... Way..." She said. She started to cry. "Yeah..." Tears started to drip from our eyes. "Come here..." I said as she hugged me tight. I sat down, hugging her back. "It's okay..." I said over and over. "HE CANT BE DEAD!!!" She kept saying. I was crying too. "I'm sorry, if I could change the past, I would..." I said. "...why...?" She said. "Can you promise me..." She began to say. "...That you won't die?" She said looking at me in the eyes. Tears pouring from her eyes. "I promise..." I said, hugging her tight. "..." We were silent. "He's always done good things... Even to strangers, so why...?" She began to say. "WHY DID THIS HAVE TO HAPPEN TO HIM?!?!" She screamed as she buried her face in my chest. "I... Don't... Know..." I said.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thank you scarmccreary for making an awesome charachter in the book, he was personally one of my favorites....

Rest in peace:
Sensei