26: My Sin

Martin's POV:

"What have I done...?" I asked myself.

15 years ago...

"AAAAAHHH!!!" I fell out of a tree, only to be caught by a Sawk. "Well hello there!" He said. "Ah!" I flailed out of his arms. "No need to be scared." He said. "Are you sure?" I asked. "Yes, I'm sure." He said, holding his hand out to help me up. I grabbed his hand. "We're you trying to steal?" He asked me. "N-No!" I said turning my head away. "Hm... You're lying." He said. "Sigh... I am lying..." I said. "What's your name?" He asked me. "Martin. What's yours?" I said. "People call me Sensei." He said smiling.

From then on, he had raised me and taught me how to fight.

5 years later...

"Sensei!" I said running up to him. "Yes, Martin?" He asked. "Let's fight! I want to test the skills I've learned." I said. "Very well..." He said.

5 minutes later...

"DAMMIT!" I lost again. "Now Martin, just because you lost doesn't mean that you aren't strong." He said. "No, I'm not strong enough!" I yelled. "Martin. You have the strength of wisdom, and the strength of focus." He said. "Okay, and...?" I said. "Sigh... You don't understand, do you?" He asked. "You're letting wants take over needs." He said. "What do you mean?" I asked. "You want to become stronger, but, you need mental strength as well. You're making strength take over." He said. "Sometimes, being smarter is better than being strong."

I feel like I made a huge mistake, by leaving the light..

A year later...
"What even is the point of this training?!" I yelled. "..." He was calm staying silent. "Huh? Tell me!" I shouted. "...", "ANSWER ME!!-" *SMACK!* He smacked me twice. I fell to the ground. "So you know how to protect those that you-", "THERE'S NO ONE TO PROTECT!" I shouted again. "YOU CAN DEFEND YOURSELF OLD MAN!" I shouted for the final time.

I haven't talked to him since.