Reese Freidman meets Thalia .. sort of.

I grabbed my food tray and rushed outside to the tables. All my friends, were already sat at the table, my calculus class had ran late an now I was the last to get to lunch. Yeah, thanks Mr Anderson, all the pepporoni pizza was gone by the time I got there, only margarita left. Yeah I know gross. Who the hell eats margarita pizza?

Anyways, I was dodging all the other students, making sure not to drop my food tray, and making sure my backpack stayed on my back instead of the straps falling down. I'm not a multi-tascker so it was pretty difficult. I was a couple feet away, from where my friends, Dani Brushem, Lori Beck, Kade Beck, and Percy Jackson.

We're a cool group I guess. Loners, sure. But ever since Percy came back to school after a mysterious year off, that he said was a year of homeschooling and travelling the world with a bunch of cousins and friends from a mysterious summer camp, we'd been getting more attention.

Loads of girls fancied Percy, he was captain of the swim team, an a nice guy, in otherwords, a heartthrob for teenage girls. 

Anyways. I was a couple of feet away when I saw a group of three girls across the road. The girl in front had spiky black hair and wore mostly black: black jeans, black t-shirt and combat boots and silver parka with a black rucksack and a weird crown thiny on her head. She was glaring at someone. I followed her gaze/glare and my eyes landed on Percy, who had his back to them. When I looked back the girl had a dagger in her head. She raised her hand as if to throw it and I stopped in my tracks.

My dinner tray crashed to the ground. There goes my pizza. My bag slipped off my shoulder but I didn't care. "PERCY!" I screamed. But it was to late. The knife was already sailing through the air. Something snapped inside of Percy. His eyes did this weird thing and his body stiffened. He was so fast. He spun around and I closed my eyes. I did not need to see Percy Jackson with a knife sticking out of his eye, blood running down his -what the girls called- chiselled face.

But after about ten seconds an I didn't hear screaming or anything I slowly opened them again. Ther sat Percy, HOLDING THE FLIPPING DAGGER IN HIS HAND! Sure it was still pointing at his face, about a milimetere from his nose, both his eyes were bogeyed staring at the blade.

Then he sighed. AS IF A KNIFE BEING THROWN AT HIM FROM LIKE ... A HUNDRED YARDS AWAY BY SOME MEAN LOOKING GIRLS NEARLY KILLING HIM WAS NO BIG DEAL.

"Gods Thalia you could of hurt me" he chuckled, lowering the knife and passing it back to the girl who had thrown it and was now stood infront of him, hands on hips. "Oh shut it fish face" the girl, who im guessing is Thalia, spat.

I was petrified, and so was everyone else, because they were all quite. Or maybe they just wanted to see Percy getting his ass handed him by some chic. I however decided to be brave, or at least look like I didn't want to pee my pants and  stepped forward.

Thalia then went on ... to punch Percy in the nose. And all he did was roll his eyes, and wipe away the small bit of blood. "Now,  now Princess Pinecone Face, you know the last time my nose bled the world nearly ended" yeah I don't know what that means either, "but I do want to know why you punched me exactly" his face dropped "ooo, you haven't gone back to camp have you? Just so you know that was meant to be for Jason, me and the Stolls set it up while he's away at Camp Your-Dad, I swear it wasn't meant for you, I would have done something way better then a dungbomb and horsedung goo".

I have no idea what Camo Your-Dad is, or this other camp, or who Jason and the Stolls are, or what was with the weird nicknames. Yeah, I didn't know much. But I do know that whatever all that meant, Thalia didn't like it because she punched him in the nose again. "The first one was because you stole my spear, the second time was because I remembered you nearly ended the world with a nosebleed, an the third time was for fun". I was confused, she hadn't punched him three-

Yeah ok, there was the third, this time I heard something crack. "What the Hades Thals?" Percy mumbled, wincing as he pushed his nose back into place, and pulling out a beacker from his bag and taking two sips, "its a good job Annabeth loves me for who I am and not my looks".

"It's been nearly two years and I still don't get what Annabeth see's in you, but that is not why i'm here, give me back my sword sea spawn" I was thinking that I should tell Percy to just give it to her, because she looked like she was about to kill him. But instead Percy pretended to look hurt.

"Careful cuz, Annabeths mom's gonna get mad and zap you down for stealing her nickname for me, but to be honest I think i'm growing on her" Percy said, thunder rumbling in the distance even though there wasn't a single cloud in the sky.

"My spear Perseus" at this Percy sighed and started digging around in his pocket, and he pulled out a hair comb. "Fine Thalia Grace" and he handed it over. She snatched it and held it up as if she was gonna stab him but the two girls grabbed her and pulled her away. "See you at Nico's party, remember not to tell him or our Uncle H is gonna send zombie soldiers to kill us or worse, part outside while we're sleeping" Percy shouted after the three weird girls.

Me and the rest of the school stared at him as he turned around and carried on eating as if nothing had happened, dried and crusty blood just under his nostrils. "What?" he asked with a shrug when he realised everyone was stood silently watching him. "Who were they?" Lori asked.

"Oh them, the girl who punched me ... three times was my cousin, I sort of borrowed something of hers without asking and she wanted it back, it's a love hate relationship, she loves me really though, I've saved her life a few times, she's saved mine a few too, you know" he said it as if it was a totally normal thing for your cousin to punch you three times, demand a comb back that she called a spear and throw a dagger at you.

And that was the only explanation that we got. Percy Jackson turns out to be a weirder person then I thought.