Percy Jackson and Charlie Manfest.

3 Years Ago

"Yo Jackson" Charlie Manfest shouted across the hall. Percy sighed, he hated high school so much, he just wanted to go back to camp and see his friends, "what do you want Charlie?".

"Lunch money, I already spent mine you see".

"That's not my problem". In the end Percy had a black eye and was wishing he could really show Manfest what he could really do. At least he'd kept onto his lunch money!

PRESENT DAY - Charlie POV

"Run!" my roommate Barry said. This morning had started off so normal: got up, had breakfast, went to practise but now my roommate had hooves, shaggy legs and we were being chased down the streets of New York by the new school janitor who this afternoon had tried to kill me! "What the hell is that thing!?" I asked, "A Cyclops" Barry said as if it was the most obvious thing in the world, but I could still hear the fear in his voice as we ran, "of course it is" I mumbled, "so what are we gonna do, how are we getting away from it?"

Barry had taken out a pair of pipe like instruments and began playing them, "we need a ride".

"Yeah? And where are we going to find one of those in New York!?"

Barry was panting now, "I know a guy, best demigod in the last .. I don't know .. a couple centuries, hopefully he'll take us to camp".

Ahh yes, because the greek gods and demigods and monsters are all apparently real, and I'm one of them! The whole half god thing explains a lot about me. It took ten minutes of running and nearly being hit by cars until we reached the apartment building where the most famous and feared demigod lived. Barry rang the buzzer labelled Jackson/Blofis.

"Yep?" came a voice.

"Percy, hey its Barry, you know Grovers friend we met a couple times-"

"Yeah I remember you, whats up?"

"Er .. we need a ride"

"We? You know what just come straight up" the voice sighed and the door buzzed open. With the elevator out of order we climbed 5 flights of stairs before getting to the right door which swung open the moment Barry knocked. I was shocked to see who was standing there. PERCY JACKSON!

"Manfest?" he asked.

"Jackson" I said.

"You two know each other?" Barry asked looking between us.

"We went to school together a few years ago" I said. Looking at him, Jackson had buffed up quite a lot.

"Yeah he beat me up a couple times, no biggie" by the way he was glaring at me I kind of suspected it was a biggie, "anyways whats wrong Barry?"

"Well .. erm, Charlie is a demigod and we've got a huge Cyclops on our tail and I'm styxing you not, he wants to turn me into a Barry Goat Burger", Barry was now shaking in fear and he was making the weird goat sound again.

Percy dashed into the kitchen and brought back a bag which he handed to Barry. "Here. I was saving them for when Grover next comes over, but I'm sure he wont mind" Percy said. Barry reached inside then started to eat a deformed soda can. "So you want a ride to camp?" Percy asked.

Barry just nodded and kept stuffing can after can into his mouth. My half-goat roommate was freaking out!

"Yeah ok, I can do that, let me just ring my mum, let her know I'm staying at camp for the weekend.

"What is this camp anyway?" I asked, "where are you taking me?"

Percy sighed, he seemed annoyed for some reason, all I did was ask a question!