it could have been worse

Annabeth POV

I walked into the house with Luke and Charlie at either side of me and the place was a mess. Percy had been left alone with our daughter Zoe, who'd just learnt to walk so I wasn't expecting anything different. What I was expecting though was to at least see them or hear them.

That made no sense. Sure they could have gone out but he knew what time we'd be home for and him not having seen the twins all weekend he'd been so excited over seeing them when we spoke last night.

"Zoe, Zoe where are you?" I heard him call out "Zoe!" he walked into the living room and froze when he saw us. He quickly moved his hands behind his back. "You're back" he grinned but there was something off about him.

"My gods boys its like you've grown so much over the weekend." Percy said, he crouched down to see them.

Charlie started looking around "where's Zoe?" he asked.

"Erm ..." Percy said "she's somewhere".

Yeah this definitely didn't sound good

"Percy, where's our daughter?"  I asked.

Percy came over to me and kissed me on the head, hands still behind his back "Annabeth. You know I love you right? And have you done something different to your hair? You look amaz-".

He was creeping.

I sighed "what did you do?" Percy scrunched his face up in that cute way and then said "I might have lost the baby".

Did I hear right? He lost the baby!

"Not even lost not really, more misplaced. She was there one minute and then poof. Disappeared  ... along with your Yankees cap".

"An d what have you got behind your back?" He held his hands out to show me, in one hand he held a rattle and in the other he had a block of cheese.

I burst out laughing "she's a toddler Percy, not a mouse".

"I panicked!"

"Right go and get those blue cookies and put them on the floor, as soon as they start randomly disappearing you'll know where she is".

And so that's what he did and obviously it worked. We watched as magically cookies started floating in the ground and then vanished.

Percy jumoed out from behind the bathroom door and picked something up above his shoulder.

He called out triumphantly as he took off the magic hat. Zoe was now visible, dressed in her pyjamas and laughing hysterically.

Her face lit up even more when she saw me "mama!"

Percy carried her over to me as if she was a plane. Thinking about it I suppose Percy being alone for the weekend could have gone worse.

----------------------------------------------------------------
New chapter inspired by the prompt list. :)