the midnight cravings

Jason

I love Piper. I love Piper a lot. Like a lot a lot! And I can't wait to become a father but ... can it please hurry up!

Im not saying Piper has turned into a devil woman but ... well she's turned into a devil woman. And hey she's currently growing not one,not two but THREE new humans in her stomach so yes she has every right to be a little ... devilish but it's been 8 months of terror.

Another down side to this pregnancy is that I haven't had a full night sleep in the past 4 months. It's either Piper waking me up because she can't sleep and doesn't think it's far that I should get to sleep soundly, she's in pain which of course I would stay awake to be with her or she's having food craving and wants me to go an buy her food.

Except it's never at a reasonable hour when any stores would actually be open. No she kicks me awake at 3am requesting popcorn with cheese ontop or pickles dipped in chocolate.

Gross I know!!!

So tonight wasn't much different.

3:03AM on the dot I was poked awake. Piper sat up in bed with about ten pillows propped up behind her. Her belly the size of the moon.

"Jason" she whispered while continuously poking me "Jason"

I blinked awake. "Mm?" I asked.

"I need food"

I flopped over to face her. "What like?"

"Mint ice cream" she said "with strawberry sauce ... and sprinkled and kiwi"

Mint ice cream and kiwi at this time of night. Where the hades would I find that!
But I shrugged on the closest pants I could find not even bothering to look at what they where and I grabbed a hoodie too.

I kissed Pipers head and stomach before making my way out.

The car wouldnt start. The damn car  wouldn't start! I had to go on a quest at 3 in the morning to find mint choc chip ice cream and kiwi and the damn car woukdnt bloody start excellent!

I did the only thing I could think of. I flew. We were living in LA at the minute so hopefully nobody would be bothered by a blonde man flying threw the air.

I touched down in a back alley. There was a twenty four hour store I'd given quite a lot of money too in the last few months.

"J-Man!" Miguel cheered as I walked in, removing his headphones and grinning as is walked in. "So what is it tonight?"

"Mint choc chip ice cream with strawberry sauce, sprinkles and kiwi"

Miguel gave me a look that basicly translated too you poor thing.
"well I think we have a tub or two left of ice cream .. she will be eating it tonight right? Cause I'm pretty sure it'll be out of date in a few days"

"Yes she'll be eating it tonight. I spend afws looking for this stuff and it's fine within 5 minutes"

"My sister's where the same man, it'll be worth it when the little one pops out"

"Little three" I told him as I went to the back and just like he said there was a tub of mint choc chip, three days before expiring.

"Three?" His voice went up an octave or two.

"Ahum" I nodded.

"Woah man". He seemed truly shocked.

I just smiled at him "so sauce and sprinkles?"i knew they sold them it was just a question if whether or not they had any left.