"You are under arrest ..", "STOLLS!"

KATIE

Today was supposed to be a nice day out into the city, we'd been planning this for ages. Travis, Connor, and I and a few others were going to get Argus to drop us into he city, Christmas was coming up soon so presents had to be bought. Travis and I nearly missed the van because we were late, no clues to guess who's fault that was! My idiotic boyfriend!

Anyways, I endured nearly an hour stuffed between Travis and Connor at the back of the bus, trying to pass the time by reading one of the gardening magazines I'd borrowed off my sister, it was the newest edition of Demeter Daily, (mum was bored at the minute so she'd taken up journalism). Even though it was written in ancient Greek, the easier language to read in in my case, it was hard to concentrate what with the two Stoll brothers constantly fidgeting, whispering and laughing in my ear.

Finally we were all let out of the van and I breathed in the fresh air, it smelt of garbage cans left out too long, petrol fumes, and the fried food that was being sold out on the street. Nothing like the fresh and clean air back at camp, but still it was better than inside the van, especially since this morning we'd had beans for breakfast.

"So where too first?" Travis asked, throwing an arm around my shoulder.

2 hours and several stores later we had everything we need except a gift for Harley, who this year was my secrete santa. "What am I supposed to buy an 8 year old boy who has such a wild imagination it lets him think up of things like the 3 legged death race huh?" I asked Travis. I was trusting his opinion on this since, even though he was nearly eighteen, he was the closest thing I had at the minute to a hyperactive  8 year old.

"Why not try the toy store?" he suggested, munching away on another hotdog, (his 5th), "there's one just round the corner".

Having no better ideas that's where we headed, and we bumped into some familiar faces too.

"Oh hey guys, look who I bumped into earlier?" it was Connor, and he wasn't alone.

I grinned, "Annabeth! Percy! What are you guys doing?"

"My mom and Paul are exhausted, so we said we'd bring my lil sister out for a walk, we were just going into the toy store, Annabeth has to find something to buy her brothers" Percy said, he was pushing a stroller which had a sleeping baby inside.

I peeked inside and smiled, "she's adorable Percy".

"So are you two going to be stopping by on Christmas day?" Connor asked.

"Yeah, I don't know how but Chirons roped Mr D into dressing up as Santa Claus for the younger kids, it's going to be hilarious" Travis added as we walked inside.

Annabeth laughed, "we were planning on stopping by at some point, but we'll definitely be there to see that".

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"So found anything yet?" Travis asked when I found him again, he was near the Nerf gun aisle, next to a huge display with the plastic guns on show.

"Yep, I got him a mechanical car, for ages 16 and up, but this is Harley we're talking about, he could probably make it in 5 minutes flat then spend another 5 minutes making it fly with a paper clip and a roll of tape, and I also got him a plushie donkey teddy bear because it was so soft and cuddly and adorable" I told him, holding up the donkey bear with its cute grey ears and big sparkly eyes, I'd just bought.

"Aww I want one, maybe a dragon one or a -" he never got to tell me, because then someone screamed:

"Put your hands on your heads!"

I turned to see Connor armed with a nerf gun, most probably of the display, "Connor!" I hissed, "what are you doing, your going to get us thrown out!"

"Oh live a little Katie" he grinned, "i challenge the two of you to a battle to the death!" he declared dramatically.

What was he doing! I shook my head, "Connor seriously I don't think th-"

"I accept your challenge, prepare to die!" Travis announced, sweeping up another nerf gun. I groaned internally.

And then it all kicked off, the two of them shooting each other with bullets of foam and plastic, ducking behind isles and mountains of jigsaws or legos for cover. I saw the cashiere look shocked before picking  up the phone, it was highly likely she was calling the police. Percy and Annabeth where by the book isle, looking amused, Percy held a phone in his hands.

I flinched as a pile of hotwheel cars crashed to the ground. I shook my head. Dropping my bags  near the barbies I rushed over to them, picking up the last two Nerf guns that had been on display, two pistol styled yellow and orange ones.

I ran into the middle of them, pointing a gun at either or them. "Both of you put them down, and start cleaning this place up".

Connor smirked but I saw his lip twitch, he was scared but not wanting to show it. "What you going to do? Your too much of a goodie goodie".

I could feel Travis shaking his head behind me, warning his younger brother but it was too late. I aimed the guns downwards slightly, still pointing at the two brothers, and I shot.

They both keeled over groaning. I smirked satisfied. I could hear Percy and Annabeth in the background killing themselves with laughter. And then I heard:

"Oi you three!".

I turned to the entrance and saw two police men coming towards us, working their way through the mess of fallen video and bored games.

And that's the story of how I got stuck in a jail cell for 4 hours with Connor and Travis before being bailed out by there dad Hermes who found the whole thing hilarious and showed us the video Percy had taken. His cheeks went bright red from laughing when it showed his two sons doubling over after being shot in the crotch, something Travis and Connor didn't find all that amusing.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And finally I have uploaded again! I disappeared because I've been busy with school and haven't had the chance or motivation to write anything. I have however dedicated my time to coming up with a bunch of chapter ideas, I have a whole page worth, both back and front so I'm looking forward to writing those.

Sorry if the spellings off a little on anthing in the chapter, its nearly midnight and I keep writing the wrong letters. I am now going to go an finish City of Lost Souls (last chapter plus epilogue) while my dog continues to snore at my feet. (He was too lazy to go up to mums room where he normally sleeps so he's bunking with me tonight!)