Piper feels murderous

Piper POV

I had the house to myself, dad was off shooting a new movie, he was playing a widowed father whose son was kidnapped by space pirates. It was set to be the summer blockbuster. I honestly thought it sounded ridiculous but he seemed excited about it so whatever. And Jason was off on a quest with the Stoll brothers of all people so I was home alone.

I didn't mind. I quite liked the peace and quiet, and with Jason gone there wasn't as many monster attacks. Although in the 3 days he'd been gone I had already fought 2 Cyclops and a hellhound.

I walked up to the front door but it was already open. This I LA. I don't leave the door open.

I gentley set down my bag being as quiet as I could and took out my knife. I scanned the entrance, I peaked my head into the living room but there was nothing there. I stopped frozen when I heard a crinkling sound coming from the kitchen.

I tiptoed through, dagger out in front of me ready to kill the monster intruding in my home.

I let out a war cry as I lunged at the shadowy figure. The shadowy figure screamed back at me.

This wasn't how it was supposed to go. The monster wasn't supposed to be screaming back at me!

I stopped with the dagger just about at the intruders throat.

"Hands up!" I ordered. The person or monster did as I said and that's when I realised he had some sort of rectangle object in his hands "turn around!"

When whoever it was did as I said I grabbed them by the front and dragged them forward into the light so I could see what I was up against.

I stood frozen when I saw who it was grinning back at me.

"LEO!"

Tiny, scruffy and stupid Leo grinned, his charming little dimple making an appearance "surprise !?"

I didn't know what to do ... so I punched him.

Leo double over gripping his stomach "what the hades Beauty Queen!"

"What are you doing here you're supposed to be dead!" I felt the need to start sobbing, start laughing and start murdering people all at once.

"Yeah about that" he said.

I waited expectantly for him to elaborate on what 'that' was exactly but instead he just offered me the rectangle thing he'd had in his hand .. a box of lucky charms ... MY lucky charms!

I had that murderous feeling rising up again but this time instead of hitting Leo I smacked away the box of cereal, I expected the food inside to spill out as it hit the floor but apparently as well as not being dead and breaking into my house he also ate all my cereal.

"So I'm guessing you're slightly angry" he said looking at the fallen cardboard box.

"Who wouldn't be angry! You ate all my cereal and faked your death for like 3 years!"

Leo scrunched up his face "well I mean it wasn't exactly 3 years .. more like 3 months"

"And that's any better!" I was so close to hitting him again.

"Look Pipes I'm sorry. About the cereal and about not actually being dead but theres a whole story behind that .. well theres not really a story about me eating your cereal, ok I guess there is but it's a pretty boring story I was just hungry and I like Lucky Charms, I mean there's a cool and long story about how I'm alive"

Even though I was pissed I couldn't help but smile slightly at the way he babbled. Before i could demand that he tell me what that long and cool story was there was a noise outside.

I had a feeling this noise wasn't coming from another once dead friend sneaking into use the toilet or something.

"Did something follow you here?" I asked Leo.

"Erm yeah, well about that, there may have been something following me for the past couple of states"

"What is it?"

I got my answer by a giant scorpion crashing into the kitchen through the door. I inwardly cringed at the giant dent it left left against the wall. Now when I say this was a giant scorpion I don't mean giant as in a big bug from Australia I mean it was about the size of a bicycle!

Leo and I wasted no time in trying to kill it. I jabbed at it with my dagger, still in my hand from when I nearly sliced Leos throat while Leo started shooting balls of fire, aiming for its head.

I swear if he burns my house down I wont hesitate to kill him. He's on thin ice as is, him setting my house on fire would be the last straw.

After a couple minutes and me getting clawed along the arm we finally killed it thanks to a well placed ball of fire and jab in the eye from my dagger, as soon as the celestial bromze got lodged inside it eye socket it exploded spreading gross black stuff across the kitchen floor.

"You clean this up, I'm going to go have some ambrosia and get my arm bandaged up ... then we can go out for pizza and you can tell me this super cool story of how you're still dead".

I was happy he was home and safe but him cleaning up demon scorpion blood was the least he deserved .. it was either that or I broke his nose.

Ok so newest prompt chapter for @Stitchthecat who said this prompt sounded like Leo and I am so happy because I had this in mind from when I wrote out the prompt!