Nico Meets Mrs Solace ... And Nearly Dies

I have to go get my grades from school today. Pray for me! And I got my braces tightened yesterday and I have to put the bands a different way and they added something and I am in pain!!!!!!

Nico POV

Today was meant to be a nice and easy day. McDonalds breakfast, do a quick job for my dad then go and visit Reyna, Hazel and Frank at Camp Jupiter. This is not how my day turned out. The job for my dad hadn't been as quick and easy as I'd expected. It ended up in a huge fight over a dozen of them, the bad guys, and only one of me.

I was currently bleeding a lot. I was losing consciousness. I needed help. I stumbled into a shadow and prayed to a whole bunch of gods that I'd show up somewhere useful cause if not, I didn't have the energy to shadow travel again.

I fell out of the shadow and landed on my face. I groaned. I was exhausted and experiencing some serious pain. I somehow managed to keep pressure on my stomach. I looked around I was on somebodies front lawn, drowning the grass in my blood. I recognized the house, I'd seen it in a photo once. This was Wills house. Okay this was good, he was a great doctor, he'd make sure I wouldn't die. Gods people are gonna be so pissed if I die. I dragged myself up and forward to the front door. I wanted to puke. My Stygian iron sword at my side felt like it weighed 1000 pounds. My legs felt like jelly. Just before I rang the bell I had a horrible image of Will not being home and him returning home to find me, curled up dead on his porch. Thankfully someone opened the door. It was a kind looking woman with dark blonde hair. She gasped when she saw me. "Is Will home?" I asked, my voice barely a whisper.

Then I passed out.

Will POV

My step brother, PJ (Peter Junior) and I were doing the dishes when the doorbell rand. "I'll get it" mum said. The next thing I know there was a thud, my mum let out a stream of curse words then called "WILL!" I grabbed one of the knives from the rack then ran to the front door, expecting to find a Cyclops or a hell hound.

Instead I saw my Nico slumped against the front door, eyes shut, skin so pale, his hands stained red. I dropped the knife and ran too him.

 "I need my kit, towels, extra ambrosia and nectar" I told my mum, she nodded and went to get them. "

Help me carry him into the dinning room" I told PJ who had followed me in. Together we dragged Nico onto the kitchen table where my mum had spread a towel.

"Will who is this?" mum asked.

"Its Nico" I said. My voice didn't sound right but I remained calm, I couldn't afford to get all worked up right now.

"Nico?" PJ asked, "as in the Nico guy your always talking about, the guy who name makes you blush".

I nodded and started organizing my space.

"Oh Will honey, I'm so sorry" mum said.

"Why are you talking like he's dead? Yeah sure he doesn't look so hot right now but that's just you seeing his already pale skin looking paler, you seeing the blood. The only reason he's passed out right now is probably because he Shadow Travelled here which in his weakened state weakened him even more. This boy is 80 years old, he survived the death of his sister, he stayed on the good side instead of allying himself with the bad guys even though our side were horrible to him, he convinced his dad, Lord Hades, to fight in the war. He went to Tartarus alone and somehow managed to survive. This ... this is just like a papercut to him" I ranted while cutting open is shirt (he loved this shirt, he was gonna kill me for ruining it, but at least he'd be alive to do so). 

I expected his wound. It was bad. I started cleaning it and then began stopping the bleeding. So much blood.

After I'd finished my speech on how strong Nico was I'd manage to slow the bleeding so I grabbed a bottle of nectar and squirted it across the wound. This was something I learnt from Chiron. It strengthened the skin, took away some of the pain, it should only be done on the worst wounds.