Chapater One

I'm awaken by the noisiest knock in history. I groan loudly and hold my pillow against my ears.

"Baby! Time to get ready!" I hear my mother shout.

I turn over and see her standing at my door. I squint my eyes at her. "Mom." I say bluntly. "It's like five in the morning. I don't even have school today, and I don't have work until like six tonight." I close my eyes and wait for her response.

"I know, sweetie. Remember, Adrian needs to go get his tux for prom, and all that good stuff." She explains to me.

I open my eyes and give her a confused look. "I don't see why I have to tag along. I don't need anything."

Her eyes wonder off. "I guess you don't want Culver's for lunch today." She says and begins to leave my room.

"Wait!" I say almost instantly. Let me tell you, going out to eat is one of my biggest weaknesses. "What's in it for me?" I ask her and sit up.

She laughs lightly. "I'll pay for your meal at Culver's, and you won't have to do the dishes for the weekend." She says.

I think about her offer. "Okay, okay. Deal." I say. "Why did you wake me up so early?" I ask.

"Danny, you take years to get ready."
I nod my head. "True, true. I'll start getting ready mom." I assure her.

She leaves my room and I do my normal morning routine. Shower, brush my hair, eat breakfast, brush my teeth, do my makeup, get dressed, and put on any accessories for the day. Surprisingly, that takes me about two and a half to three hours.

Today, I decided to go for a natural look. I did my eyebrows. I chose tope colors for my eyeshadow, and did a simple, small winged eyeliner. I didn't use fake eyelashes today. I just decided to use some 3D fiber mascara thing that makes it look like I used fake lashes. I did a light contour, and a light blush, and a natural highlight. I contoured my nose too, and chose a nude pink for my lips.

I picked out a simple outfit. I picked out a pair of blue-green short shorts, and tucked in a plain white t-shirt.

For accessories I put on a thin, plain black belt, with black simple sandals that have a strap on the back. I also put on a gold bracelet my dad gave me, not my real dad, with fake pearl earrings.

I unplug my phone and slide it into its designated pocket in my purse. I spray on my Versace perfume and leave my room.
"Okay mom, I'm ready." I shout into the house.

"Finally." I hear Adrian scoff.

"Shut up, Adrian." I snap, already annoyed.
I go to the living room and turn on the tv. I hear my phone ding. I grab it from my purse and look at the notification. It's just Jay. Jay is my ex-boyfriend.

Hey baby
I leave the message and then just delete the conversation. Jay is definitely not worth my time anymore. I put my phone back in my purse and watch the tv.

Adrian sits next to me and stares at me.
"What?" I respond rather rudely. I didn't mean for it to come out rude, but oh well.

He furrows his eyebrows at me and then looks at my purse. "Why does he still even message you?" He asks.

I blink once. "Who?" I ask, pretending not to know who he's talking about.

He raises and eyebrow at me. "Jay. Who else?" He asks seriously.

I look down at my lap. "I don't know, Adrian." I say softly. I can feel my heart drop all the way down to my toes.

Jay and I were a thing for two and a half years. Long story short, he cheated on me. We broke up about two months ago.