Chapter Twenty-Seven

I wake up with my phone buzzing loudly on the bed. I groan lightly and look to see who's calling me; it's my mom.

"Hi, mom." I answer, my voice is deep and raspy and very noticeable that I just woke up.

"Hi, baby. How's everything going?" She asks me.

"Good, I haven't unpacked yet. Marcus and I went out to dinner and just got busy so I didn't have a lot of time to unpack yesterday." I answer her and sit up on the bed, causing Marcus to wake up.

"Oh, that's good to hear." She pauses for a long time but I don't bother to say anything as she pauses."I already miss you."

I smile slightly. "I miss you too, Mom. It's so different not waking walking up to Adrian or you doing something busy around around the house and the room is so much different than mine. It's definitely a change, but for the most part I really like it." I tell her softly.

Marcus sits up and sits beside me, wrapping one of his arms behind me and the other in front of me, resting his chin on my shoulder.

"I'm so glad to hear that. I'm happy for you, baby." He says in a weary voice.

"Mom, don't cry. It's okay, I'm okay. You'll be okay, we'll all be okay." I gently say and rest my head i'm Marcus'.

"I know, I just miss you. It's so different seeing your room empty and not hearing you get ready in the mornings for school." She says. "I'll talk to you later, sweetie. I bet you have a lot of unpacking to do."

"I do, I'll see you soon. I love you." I say softly.

"I love you too." She says softly and hangs up.

I place my phone on the bed and look at Marcus. His eyes are closed as his head still rests on m shoulder.

"Good morning, sleepyhead." I whisper into his ear.

He opens his eyes and smiles at me. "Good morning, cutie." He says in his sleepy voice.

I smile at him and then turn around his face him. God, even when he's half asleep, he's still the most handsome man I've ever laid my eyes on.

"I love when you look at me like that." He admits and closes his eyes then plops down on the bed on his back.

"Like what?" I ask him and lay down next to him, laying down on my side so I can look at him.

"You look at me like I'm a snack or, like, I'm greatest thing on earth." He pauses and I open my mouth to speak but he speaks before me. "It makes me feel so special and loved." He opens his eyes and also lays on his side to look at me.

I smile widely at him. "Honestly, you are the greatest thing on earth. You're so perfect and funny and cute. You're the best thing that's happened to me in a long, long time." I say softly and place my hand on his cheek.

He smiles just as wide. "You're the best thing that's happened to me." He pauses for a while as he gently caresses my side. "I love you, to the moon and back."

"I love you too, Marcus. To the moon and back." I say softly.

"We should throw a party." He says. "Like, a welcome home party. You can meet all my friends and I'll invite my family and you can meet them. It won't be a big party, like the one we met at. Just my close friends and family." His eyes are glistening and he has a smile on his face; the type of smile a little kid gets when he gets his favorite toy or candy.

His smile causes me to smile. "I don't know. It's my second day here. I still need to unpack and stuff." I pause for a long time. "What if your family doesn't like me?" I ask him.