Chapter Seventeen

"Thanks for the ride." I say with an awkwardly shaky voice when I get into his car. I can feel Jay looking at me, but I just stare at my lap.

"Are you okay?" He asks me softly. I just softly nod my head, not bothering to look at him.

My phone vibrates in my hand and I look at the notification. It's from Marcus...

Really...
You couldn't ask me to bring you your purse?
Do you really have to leave with him..
Out of all people...

My lip softy quivers as I hold back my tears.

"You're not okay, Daniella." Jay says softly, gently caressing my arm.

"Don't touch me, please." I say with a quiet, weak voice. "Can we just stay in silence?" I ask him. "And just take me home. I don't want to talk, I just need a ride home." I say softly.

"Why do you need a ride if your car is right there?" He asks confused.

"Jay, I don't want to talk, please." I say quietly. I look out the window and look at Marcus' window. His lamp is on, and I could see his shadow standing by the window. He moves around and it looks like he's sitting on his bed with his head drooped down in his hands. He shakes his head, then turns his light off. I look back into lap, focusing on my phone as it vibrates again.

Daniella...
Marcus types.
I really do love you
I'm so sorry baby..
Please... come back

I can feel a few tears slowly slide down my cheek.

Come outside then
I type back and immediately look at Marcus' window. His light turns back on and he gets off of his bed. Moments later, his living room lights turn in and he comes outside of his house.

I open the door to Jays car and get out without saying anything. I gently close his door and as I walk towards Marcus Jay speeds off.

"I'm so sorry, Daniella. I really am." He apologizes. His eyes are red and puffy.

I shake my head. "I don't need an apology Marcus." I say softly. He tries to pull me in for a hug, but I just back away and keep my distance. "I don't think you love me." I say slowly, not wanting to make eye contact.

I could feel his mood change, almost instantly. "Daniella.." He trails off with a weak voice.

I look at him and his eyes are glistening with tears, just like mine are. "Marcus," I pause slowly. "If you do love me the way you say you do, then you're not ready for something serious." I shake my head softly and look at the ground. "You can't come into my life, make me feel some type of way for you, and then ask me out and still do whatever you want to do." I look at him just as tears are about to fall from my eyes. "I mean, you can do whatever you want, just not with somebody else." My lips quivers badly and I can't control. "I guess you can do whatever you want now, 'cause if you're just gonna keep being with other girls I can't be yours. I don't.. I don't know, Marcus. I think I just need to go home and sleep on it, so can you just get my purse for me?"

I finally look at Marcus and I can see his tear stained cheeks with more tears falling down his cheeks. I get close to him and wipe his tears away then gently cup his face. "I love you, Marcus." I say, tears now rolling down my cheeks. "I'll always be here for you for whatever you need, but you just need someone else you're willing to commit to." I finish and gently kiss his cheek.

Marcus doesn't say anything at all, he just brings his hand to my cheek and gently caresses one last time. "You're my everything." Marcus mouthes to me.

I just smile at him and give him one last peck on his lips, then I let go of him. His hand just drops, and tears won't stop falling from his eyes. I shake my head slightly, and just silently let my tears fall down my face. He turns around and slowly makes his way inside to get my purse. I just watch him as tears stream down my cheeks. It feels like we were just separated for a few seconds when he comes back outside with my purse in his hands. I look into his eyes as he looks into mine and I can see that his cheeks are stained with tears, but there are no new tears.