Chapter Thirty

I'm suddenly awaken by a bright light shining in my face. I open my eyes but immediately close them from being blinded from the sun. I look away and then try to make sense of what's going on. The only thing I see is Marcus sleeping on his side with his back facing me. Naturally, I scoot over and cuddle against his back which catches his attention. He scoots over a few inches to look behind him and when he sees me, he turns over so he can face me and wraps his arms around my torso to pull me close to him. I allow myself to get close to him and rest my forehead on his chest and throw one of my arms over his side.

"Good morning, cutie." He says in the most raspy and sleepiest voice, melting my heart.

"Good morning, my love." I whisper and take my head off of his chest to look him in his eyes. "I'm so excited for today." I exclaim in a whisper and gently squeeze his shoulder.

He closes his eyes and smiles widely. "I'm glad you are." He says softly. "I'm excited too, but probably not nearly as excited as you."

"You have no idea how excited I am. I've been waiting for this moment since two-thousand-eleven. I finally get to see him preform right in front me, and the best part of it all is that you're gonna be right there by my side." I say and gently place my hand on his cheek and slowly bring my hand down to his shoulder.

He smiles widely at me. "I swear, you're the cutest fucking person I have ever met in my life." He says softly and wraps his arms around me to bring me close to him. "I love you with all my heart and soul, Daniella Solis." He tells me and wraps his arms tighter around me, burying his head into my chest.

I rest my upper arm in his shoulder and gently play with his hair. "I love you, Marcus Flores, with all my heart and soul." I say in a soft voice and kiss the top of his head.  "What time do we have to leave?" I ask him.

"The plane leaves at five and it's only about eleven right now. We should probably be at the airport by three-thirty or four." He explains to me with his eyes closed.

"Can we visit my mom before we leave? I just want to see her before I don't see her for a week." I say and sit up after he nods his head. "You really didn't have to plan a whole trip, I would've been perfectly fine with just seeing Abel in concert." I tell him softly and get off of the bed.

He shrugs his shoulders. "I just wanted a little get-away with you." He says and sits up on the bed. "Where are you going?" He asks me, concerned as he holds himself up with his elbows.

"I'm gonna shower." I say and stare into his eyes as I brush my hair back with my hands.

He groans and lays back down. "Come cuddle." He whines and pats the spot next to him.

"I take years to get ready and, besides, we still have to go see my mom." I tell him. "You can come join me." I say and then bite my lip.

Marcus raises and eyebrow at me as he looks at my lips. "It'll be one long shower." He says and sits back up on the bed.

"We have time." I tell him and slowly walk to the bathroom, looking back at Marcus to see if he's going to follow. Sure enough, he's right behind me, walking into the bathroom with me.

*          *          *

For my makeup I decided just to do something simple, since we're just gonna be going to the hotel tonight and probably a simple dinner. I put on foundation and bronzed my face a little, then did a light contour. I filled in my brows and defined them with concealer and put on just a little eye shadow to make my eyes pop and applied simple eyelashes. I finished off my look with a dark, nude, matte lipstick. When I finished my makeup, I packed up the makeup I use the most into big clutches and then put the clutches in a duffel bag.