Chapter Four

I wake up the next morning at about noon. I reach over to my night stand and grab my phone without moving my body from where it is on my bed. I check my notifications. I have a few messages from Angel, and one from and unknown number, a new follower on Instagram and Twitter, and a friend request on Facebook. I check my messages from Angel first.

Marcus asked me something about you
Danny
Omggggg

I close my eyes and think. What could he possibly ask her and how does he even know we're friends?

What did he ask?
As I wait for Angel to reply I open the other message.

Hey :) it's Ryan
I message quickly message him back and look at my Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook. All the notifications are from Marcus. I hum to myself and just decide to follow him back on everything.

I lock my phone and place it down on my bed. I then sit up and stretch. I look around my room. My vanity is a mess, and I really need to vacuum. I groan loudly and begin to clean up my vanity and put away all my makeup. Once I finish I decide that I'll vacuum later. I grab my phone and go downstairs to the kitchen. When I enter the kitchen I see a note on the refrigerator door.

Hi ma,
Adrian and I went to breakfast with Cindy and her parents. Don't worry, I'll bring you something back. I'll be back around 3 your brother is gonna spend the rest of the day with Cindy today. I want the house clean by the time I get back!!! Thanks baby :)
- Mom

I look at the time and it's already 12:47 pm. I can wait about two hours before I eat, besides cleaning will build up my appetite. I shrug my shoulders and fill up the sink with warm water, soap, and a little bit of bleach to begin cleaning the kitchen. As the water is filling up my phone starts ringing. I turn off the water and see that Angel is calling me.

"Hi Angel." I answer sweetly.

"Hey Danny. Is it cool if I come over?" She asks me immediately.

"Yeah, come on over. I'll leave the door unlocked so that when you get here you can just walk in. I'll be busy when you get here." I tell her.

"Okay, thanks Danny." She hangs up once she finishes her sentence.

I put my phone down and continue with my chores. Once the sink is nice and filled up I begging washing the dishes, then drying them with paper towels, and putting them away as I go. When I finish doing the dishes I begin to wipe down the counters and tables, and drying them with paper towels. As I almost finish wiping down the counters I hear the door open.

"Hey Angel!" I holler. "I'm in the dinning room."

I hear footsteps coming towards me. "Why are you cleaning?" I hear Angel ask me.

"My mom wants me to clean the house." I answer and go back into the kitchen, hoping Angel is following me. "So, what did Marcus ask you?" I ask and drain the sink.

She leans on one of the counters. "He asked me about you and Jay." She says as I dry the sink.

I quickly turn around and look at her so she knows to keep going.

"Well, first we just talked normal. Then he asked me if we were friends, and I told him yeah that we're best friends. Then he said 'can I ask you something about her?' So I was just like yeah." She pauses as she follows me to the back room to get the broom and back to the living room.

She sits on the couch and begins to talk as I sweep. "His question was 'Who is Daniella's ex?' And I told him it was Jay and he was surprised that Jay had a girl as amazing as you. I agreed with him, and said that he was a lucky guy." She pauses again as she helps me move the furniture around.