Chapter Eighteen

"Even though we're going it
"And it makes you feel alone
"Just know that I would die for you
"Baby, I would die for you". I sing along with Marcus' CD, as I lay in bed.

I didn't go to school or work today. I don't have the energy to do anything. I can barely get up to eat, or shower. I think my family has noticed the change in my attitude, but they haven't asked me anything. Maybe they haven't. My mom is with her boyfriend almost every single minute of the day. Adrian just goes to school, and then Cindy's house. When he gets home he goes straight to his room and doesn't come out. If they have noticed, they have a real shitty way of showing it. A huge part of me prays that they haven't. I really don't want them to ask me anything, especially after I had just bragged about Marcus and introduced him to my family. What am I supposed to tell them if they ask? This has to be worst timing ever. I lay down on my side with my back facing the door and go on my phone. I see that I have a missed called from Marcus.

I hear a knock on my door then my door being opened. I don't turn my head to see who it is.

"Hey Danny," I hear Adrian say. "Marcus is here, he looks pretty bad. I think you should go talk to him."

"Okay." I say. Adrian leaves my door open and walks away.

I get up and pause the music, then slide on some flip flops and go down stairs. I really don't understand why Marcus doesn't understand that I hurt and I don't want to see or talk to him. I sigh loudly and make my way to the living room.

I sit down on the sofa next to him. "Really Marcus?" I whisper. "My family can't see us like this. We're in the worst situation to see people right now. You're a mess, I'm a mess. My family can't see us like this." I continue whispering.

He shakes his head and looks deep into my eyes. Gosh, he looks like he just saw the saddest movie of his life. "Daniella," he says with a broken voice. He shakes his head again, and opens his mouth to speak but can't seem to find the right words. "I'm sorry. I don't know what else to do. I love you. I don't know how I can fix this." He cries softly. Tears scroll down his cheeks.

My heart breaks in half seeing him so broken and sad. I don't know what to do either. "Marcus..." I trail off. I can feel my own eyes fill with sadness as I watch him quietly break down on my sofa. "I love you too." I say softly. "Let's talk outside, I really don't want my family to see us like this." I say and grab his arm to lead him outside.

As I open the door I see my older brother Victor and his fiancé Jasmine. Shit. Perfect timing.

"Danny!" He screams and quickly brings me in for a bone crushing hug.

"Ow! Victor! Let go!" I exclaim, squirming in his arms. I forget all about Marcus. He let's go of me and laughs loudly. "Now give me a proper hug!" I exclaim and throw my arms around him, giving him a long, loving hug. Victor returns the warm hug.

"Oh my god, I missed you so much Danny!" He says, holding on to me a little tighter.

"I missed you too, Vic!" I exclaim and then let go of him.

I look at Jasmine and she has a huge smile on her face. "Oh, it's so good to see you Jas. I missed you just as much!" I say and pull her in for a warm hug as well. She also returns the hug.

"I missed you too, Danny. It felt like an eternity since I last saw you!" She says.

We let go of each other and the first thing I see is Victor looking at Marcus. He doesn't give him a glare, but he doesn't look happy either. "Who's this?" Victor asks me, obviously curious.

I look over at Marcus. He still looks like a mess. I can just feel my whole body get sad once again. I'm pretty sure my mood change was very obvious. "This is my boyfriend, Marcus." I say slowly and look at Victor; he has a small smile on his face. "Marcus," I look at him, and my heart aches as he looks at me with those sad eyes. "this is my brother Victor and his fiancé Jasmine." I say softly.