Chapter Twenty

I wake up the next morning with my phone loudly ringing in my ear. I groan and look at my phone. Adrian is calling me.

"What?" I answer and lay down on my back.

"Danny," he says sadly. "Can you come for me please?"

I furrow my eyebrows. "What's wrong?" I immediately ask and get out of bed. I walk to my door and quickly slide on flip flops before grabbing my keys.

"I don't want to talk about it right now." He pauses and sniffles, then let's out a loud groan. "Just come for me, I'm at the park over here by Cindy's house." He says softly and then hangs up.

I tuck my phone into my bra, since I'm still in the dress I had on yesterday and have absolutely no pockets. I jog down the stairs and then quickly get into my car.

I wonder why Adrian seems so sad. I hope he's okay. I'm sure it's nothing too serious. Hopefully.

I finally get to the park and the first thing I see is Adrian laying down on the bench just looking up at the sky. What the fuck.

I park my car and get off to go see what's wrong with Adrian.

"Adrian." I say as I walk to the bench. Jeez, it's cold as hell. I should've brought a sweater with me.

He doesn't get up, he just moves his head to look at me. "Hey." He says somberly. "What happened to your hand?" He asks as he stares at it.

"I just punched a wall." I say softly.

"Why?" He asks me.

"No reason." What's wrong?" I ask him as I stand next to the bench tucking my good hand into my armpit, chancing the subject.  He shakes his head and sits up. "Aren't you cold?" I ask and sit next to him.

He shakes his head again. "Just heartbroken." He says and looks at me.

God. His eyes look so puffy like he's been crying for hours. I really wonder what happened.

"What's wrong?" I ask seriously.

His eyes begin to water and his lip quivers. He looks away from me and just brings his head down as softly cries. My heart hurts seeing him like this. Adrian never cries, so this has to be something that's really bothering him. I gently rub his back. "You can talk to me, Adrian." I say softly.

He looks up at the sky and then wipes his tears. "Cindy broke up with me, Danny.." He trails off in a whisper.

I just stare at him with my mouth slightly hanging open. They couldn't have broken up. They were perfect for each other. I shake my head and tuck my hand back into my armpit. "No, you couldn't have." I say.

He sniffles and gently rolls his eyes. "Well we did." He pauses and takes in a deep breath as more tears fall from his eyes. "She left me for a girl!" He cries out. "'Cause I guess she's lesbian, and was never into me." He looks at me and his lips won't stop quivering.

I'm in shock. I have no idea what to say. Cindy does not seem like the type do that. Especially to Adrian. She seemed so in love with him, and he was so head over heels for Cindy.

"Am I that ugly? Am I that bad of a boyfriend?" He questions, tears streaming down his cheeks now. "Am I really that horrible for Cindy to turn lesbian?"

"Adrian." I say softly. "No, not at all. You're amazing. I mean, you did so much for Cindy. You can't blame yourself, Adrian. You were an amazing boyfriend to her and honestly, you went out of your way to do so much for her." I don't think that I'm saying is helping Adrian at all. He's just crying and letting it all out.