Chapter Nine

"Can I ask more about you and Jay?" Marcus asks me, as he runs his fingers through my hair and rubs my head.

I nod my head. "What's your favorite song from Trilogy?" I ask Marcus.

I close my eyes and relax. Right now, my back is faced towards Marcus, with my arms still under his pillow, and Marcus is just playing with my hair. My eyes have finally adjusted to his dark room. We are currently playing the question game.

"I have, like, three favorites from Trilogy." Marcus replies. He speaks before I'm able to ask him which songs they were. "High For This, Rolling Stone, and Echoes of Silence."

I smile to myself. Rolling stone was the first song I heard from Abel. "Can you sing them to me?" I ask him and open my eyes. I stare at the wall as he thinks of his reply.

"Yeah, but after we play the game." He says and then begins to run his fingers through my hair. "How long did you and Jay date?" He finally asks.

Marcus stops playing with my hair. I reach behind me and search for his hand with mine. Once I find it, I grab it and place his hand on my head. Marcus begins to rub my head again. "Two and a half years." I reply and close my eyes again. "What's your favorite song from Kiss Land?" I ask.

Marcus hums to the current song playing as he thinks. "Either Pretty, or Love in the Sky." He says softly as he slowly takes his time to rub my head. "Do you think you and Jay are ever going to get back together?" He asks slowly.

"No." I reply tersely. I can hear my heartbeat in my ears just thinking about us. "What's your favorite song from Beauty Behind the Madness?" I quickly ask.

Marcus stops playing with my hair again, and just as I'm about to reach over for his hand, he places his large hand on my hand on the crook of my neck and begins to rub my shoulders. "I think my favorite would have to be Dark Times." Marcus replies. He focuses on my shoulders as he thinks of the next question to ask me. "Do you miss Jay?"

I slowly take in a deep breath. I don't know if I should lie to him or not. "I mean.." I trail off as I think of the rest of my sentence. "When I'm alone and I overthink things, I really do miss him, but when I'm with you I forget about him until you ask about him or something." I say truthfully. I decided that it would be better to just be honest with him. "What's your favorite song from Starboy?" I ask slowly.

I can feel Marcus smiling. "Oh my God, Daniella. I don't even know. I honestly have, like, five favorites from that album." Marcus says, and begins his question but I interrupt him.

"I wanna know all of them." I say. Marcus stops rubbing my shoulders and I turn over so I can look at him. I scoot close to Marcus, slide one of my arms under the pillow, rest my other arm on his chest, and then wrap one of my legs around his.

Marcus stretches his arms and then puts one of his arms under my head, placing his hand on my shoulder, and places his other hand on my forearm. I move my arm from under the pillow and move it so it's holding on to Marcus' arm. "Attention, Die For You, All I Know, Sidewalks, True Colors, and probably Party Monster." Marcus finally replies, pausing between songs, gazing at the ceiling. "Did you hate anything about Jay?" He finally asks me.

I think about the question for a bit. I didn't necessarily hate anything about Jay, but there were a couple things I disliked. "I didn't like that be never fought for me, and that he would never want to have Abel sesh's with me." Before I'm able to ask my question, Marcus already asks me another.

"What do you mean he never fought for you?" Marcus asks me. He slowly starts to rub my arm, but keeps his eyes on the ceiling.

I look at mine and Marcus' arms. I shrug my shoulders lightly. "I don't know." I say softly and think back to when Jay and I dated to figure it out. "When we argued, I would tell him to leave me alone or something similar to that to see if he would fight for me. He never did, he would just always leave me on seen and go hang out with his friends. Then, when I would tell him that I got sad because of that, he would always try to argue with me again and say that I'm confusing." I pause and look into Marcus' eyes. He's still looking at the ceiling, so I just gaze at his long eyelashes. "I always told him that I just wanted him to fight for me. Even after those numerous amount of times I told him, he still never fought for me." I finish. I look at Marcus' lips, and begin to ask my question but Marcus interrupts me once again.