Chapter Eight

Today I decided to surprise visit Marcus, since he surprised visited me the other day. Of course, I went to go visit him after work and school today. The drive to his house honestly feels really long, and that's only because the road is basically just a straight way. When I got to his house, it seemed way more beautiful than it did last time I was here. The greenery in his front lawn just looks so much more vibrant, and beautiful. His house is huge, and you could even see the top of the pine trees in his back yard, which is probably around that pond. His house is just decorated nicely, and the colors of the house are so simple but beautiful at the same time.

I park my car on the road and get out. I walk to his front door and knock on it. As I wait I get distracted by a couple arguing behind the door. Geez, maybe this is a bad time, but somebody answers the door before I'm able to flee away.

It's a lady, she's not old at all. Maybe her early 30's. He has long black hair, and blue eyes. She has a boob job (I only know because they're unnaturally huge). Her thin eyebrows are furrowed at me. "Can I help you?" She asks rather rudely.

I raise my eyebrows, but almost immediately drop them. "Is Marcus here?" I ask politely.

She chews her gum, like a cow, while she scans my body with her eyes. When her eyes meet my mine again she has one of her eyebrows raised at me. "He's busy." She answers. "Is there something you want me to tell him?"

I open my mouth but I'm interrupted. "Hey Daniella!" I hear Marcus greet me warmly with a huge smile on his face as he walks down the stairs.

"Hi Marcus." I respond with a smile on my face.

He comes to the door and the lady walks away. "What are you doing here?" He asks me, still smiling at me.

I shrug my shoulders and look him in his eyes. "Just thought I'd stop by and visit." I answer and smile at him.

His smile grows wider and he lets me in. "Let's go to the kitchen." Marcus says and leads me to his kitchen. "Are you hungry?" He asks me on the way to the kitchen.

I shrug my shoulders. "A little bit." I respond.

He laughs and opens his kitchen door. "Well that's too damn bad." He laughs louder. I roll my eyes and walk into his kitchen. "Just kidding, cutie." He says, I look back at him and he winks at me. "What do you wanna eat?" He asks me.

"Let's have fried pickles!" I exclaim.

He laughs at me and sits down, so I sit next to him. "You act like I know how to cook." He says and looks me in my eyes.

Almost instantly, I smile at him and I get this happy feeling inside me. "Then why'd you ask me what I wanna eat?" I question.

His eyes slowly wander down to my lips. He focuses on them for a while and then he looks back into my eyes. He licks his lip and I hold back the urge to bite my lips.

Marcus shrugs his shoulders. "I don't know, I thought you were gonna say chips or something. Not something you actually have to cook." He answers back truthfully.

I roll my eyes at him. "I'll just order some from Buffalo Wild Wings then." I say and pull out my phone. I google the nearest Buffalo Wild Wings, which is twenty minutes away, and order my fried pickles. I put my phone down on the counter and then Marcus places his hand on my thigh. I feel hundreds of butterflies erupt in my stomach and the feeling of happiness just grows greater in me. I look Marcus is his eyes and I see him smiling at me. I smile back at him and focus on his eyes.

"How long is it gonna be until the fried pickles are ready?" He asks me.

"About twenty minutes." I respond and place my hand on his. "Let's go." I tell him and stand up.