Chapter 1

~No One's POV~

~Flashback 9 years ago~

"Hey get away from my brother you bullies!" A girl with black hair yelled. The group of boys turned around to her and smirks. "Oh, yea. What if we don't?" One of them said causing the other boys to laugh. A little boy with green hair sat on the floor, looking up at them with fear in his eyes. "One-chan.... " He mumbled. "Don't worry Haruhiko! I won't let them bully you anymore!" She said.

The girl glared at the group of boys with her cold dark gray eyes. One of the boys then ran up to her and tried to throw a punch at her. But before he could, she moved to the side then kicked the boy in the back causing him to her the floor. "Get her!" The tallest boy told his group. The group of boys then ran towards her. "One-chan looking out!!!" Haruhiko yelled.

She smirks then throws a punch into one of the boy's stomach, making him fall to the floor with pain. Another boy then tries to kick her in the face but she caught his foot and twisted it. The boy yelled in pain and pulls his leg back. One of the boys then grabs a large branch and tries to hit her on the head with it.

Luckily, she turned around and took the stick away from him. She then jabs her elbow into his stomach. The remaining two boys stared at her with fear before running away. "Let's get outta here! She's crazy!" The tallest one said. Soon, all the boys ran away leaving her and Haruhiko alone. "One-chan, that was amazing!" Haruhiko said, running towards her.

She drops the stick and smiles at him, "Well I couldn't let them bully my little brother." "You're the best One-chan!" He said, pulling her into a hug. "I'm never going to let anyone bully you." She says, returning the hug. "Promise you'll never leave?" He said, holding put his pinky. She smiles and kneels down to his height, "I promise. I, Kyouko Ichijo, will never leave your side."

Little do they know that the promise will soon be broken.

~Flashback 8 years ago, a year after the promise~

"What do you mean you're leaving?!" Haruhiko yelled outraged at his sister. They were currently in Kyouko's room. Kyouko was packing her things into a small backpack while her brother was yelling at her. "Answer me!" He said.

Kyouko turned to her brother with her cold gray eyes. "I need to be stronger. Something's coming and I have to be prepared for it." She simply said. "What are you talking about?" Haruhiko asked, sitting on her bed. Kyouko stood in front of him, "I had a dream. We were older and we were with a group of people. All of a sudden, you and the group of people were swallowed by the darkness. Leaving me all alone. Before I could do anything, the darkness approached me and began to form into a figure. I looked at the figure to see myself... I heard the shadow say, "The time is coming soon and you have no power to stop it."

Haruhiko stared at her if she was crazy. "You're just going to listen to some nightmare?! It's not real!" He yelled angrily. "You don't understand! It felt so real!" Kyouko growled, clutching her fists. "No, you don't understand! It's stupid! You promised you would never leave!" Haruhiko yelled, walking up to Kyouko then grabbing her by the collar of her shirt.

"I'm sorry Haruhiko." Kyouko apologized. "You can't leave! You're the only one I have. Dad's always away and mom left us! Please!" He begged. "I'm sorry. You're strong. You can take care of yourself." Kyouko said, pushing him away. Haruhiko stared at her with teary eyes. Kyouko put on her backpack and climbed out to the window.

Kyouko glances back at Haruhiko. "I hope you will learn to forgive me in the future." She said. Haruhiko glared at Kyouko with anger and betrayal then yelled, "I HATE YOU! I'LL NEVER FORGIVE YOU! YOU BROKE OUR PROMISE! I HATE YOU! DON'T EVER COME BACK!"

Kyouko looks down at her feet. "I see. I understand how you feel. Goodbye, brother." She said before disappearing into the night. And with that, she was gone.