Chapter 3

~Haruhiko's POV~

"Oh shit, I'm late for school!" I yelled through the house. I ran into my closet and changed into my school uniform. "Ruru, get up!" I told the fairy phantom. She groaned and looked up at me, "Go without me. I'll catch up later." I groaned and ran downstairs to my mother who was just released from the hospital and was now healthy. "Hello, Haruhiko. Lunch is over there." She said, pointing to my lunch box. "Thanks, mom. I'm late for school." I told her, grabbing my lunch and kissing her on the cheek. "Bye, mom!" I yelled, running out the door.

I ran towards the school, hoping I won't be late. I looked at my watch to see I only had 3 more minutes before the bell rings. I saw the gates of the school in front of me and I began to run quicker. I ran up the stairs and got to my classroom. Just as I got in, the bell rang. "Sorry, I'm late!" I said, bowing. "It's fine Haruhiko-san. Go to your seat." My teacher told me. I thanked him and sat down.

~Timeskip~

When class was over, I went over to the lunch area. Once I got there, I saw Mai-senpai, Reina-chan, and Minase-chan. I sat down at the table and took out my lunch. "Hello, Haruhiko-chan." Reina greeted me. I smiled in return and began to eat. "So you were late again?" Mai asked. I sighed and nodded. "I don't know why. My alarm clock didn't wake up for three days straight and I was almost late for all those days." I sighed. The truth was that I couldn't sleep because I had a feeling that kept on bothering me. The feeling almost felt like when she left me.

I shook my head to clear the thought. "Are you ok?" Minase asked. I nodded my head and continued my lunch. None of them knew about her. Only me, my mom, and my stepfather. A part of me still hated her for what she did but yet the other wanted her to come back to us. I wanted her to come back and be like old times or even better. Then the bell for the end of lunch rang. I packed up and got up to head to class.

~Another Timeskip~

Once school was over, I met up with everyone where we usually meet. We met up with Arisu-sensei in our usual meeting place after school. We bowed to Arisu-sensei, "Hello Arisu-sensei." "Hello children," She kindly replied. She sat at her desk and began to browse her computer for missions we could do. "Well, there's an easy mission for all of you to do. There has been some phantom sighting near downtown in the abandoned factory." She told us, pushing up her glasses. "So, how about it guys?" I asked, looking over to the others. "I'll do it if the others are fine," Kurumi said, holding Albrecht. "Sure," Reina said. Mai nodded her head and looked towards to Koito. "Whatever. Sure." Koito replied.

I nodded my head towards Arisu-sensei. She smiled towards us and told us, "This phantom was only spotted during nighttime. So the best thing is to go at night." We nodded and began to walk out the door. But before we could Arisu-sensei stopped us. "Wait, I have to tell you something," She said. "What's wrong sensei?" Mai asked. "There's more than one phantom. There was another type of phantom roaming the town. People say that it's not a normal phantom, that they can feel much more powerful aura from it." Arisu-sensei warned. "Don't worry, we'll be safe." Mai told her.

We walked out of school and to the bus stop. "We'll all meet up at 9 pm in front of the factory, alright?" Minase said. We all nodded in reply and waited for our bus to arrive. After the bus ride, I went back home to be greeted by my stepfather. "Welcome home Haruhiko," He greeted. "Great to be back," I replied. I took off my shoes and sat down at the kitchen table. "Hey Haruhiko, we're going to the factory right?" Ruru asked, flying up to me. "Of course. Oh, father. I have to go on a mission at 9 pm and won't be back till late at night. Is that alright?" I asked him. "Of course. Just be back before morning and don't worry I'll tell your mother. She went shopping." He said.

I got up and decided to go upstairs to my room. I sat down on my desk and decided to do some research around the abandoned factory. What Arisu-sensei told us about another phantom roaming town and how it's much more powerful than the other ones we fought. Was it even stronger than the one we fought near the hospital? The feeling of unease shivered down my spine. I wasn't sure if it was just me or something else but....

Why do I feel like this mission isn't going to be just an ordinary mission.

It's gonna be a life changing one.....