Chapter 10

~Kyouko's POV~

Finally. The class was over. I laid back in my chair and stretched and accidently let out a small squeak. I stopped stretching and looked around. The boys in the room didn't seem to hear it since they were literally loud squawking birds. The girls seemed to be looking at me as if I was some type of lost puppy or something. I immediately felt my cheeks heat up with embarrassment and turned back around. 

I looked over to my brother who was smirking at me. "What are you smirking at?" I said, narrowing my eyes at him. He chuckled and reached over to ruffle my hair. "These girls really seem to like you." I rolled my eyes and brushed away his hand. "What class do you have next anyways?" I asked, flicking my wolf ears curiously. I could hear a couple of girls across the room squealing about how cute it looked when I moved my wolf ears. Like, calm your nonexisting titties. 

"I got gym class with Koito and Reina. You have gym class with us right?" He asked with a hint of hope in his voice. I felt my heart swell with joy that my brother finally wanted me around again. I nodded my head, making him smile even brighter. "That's great. Oh, I have one more thing to ask. Why are you wearing a male uniform?" He asked confused. I shrugged and told him that the school just wanted me to wear it. He didn't ask anymore but just got up and grabbed his things. "Come on. I don't wanna be late for gym class." He said. I nodded my head and grabbed my things as well then headed out the class with him. 

The both of us chatted until we reached the gym and parted ways to the changing rooms. I headed over to the girl's changing room and saw Reina and Koito talking to each other. I walked over and greeted them. My locker was right between Koito's and Reina's. It was quite convenient actually because I didn't get to choose mine, I was just randomly assigned to it. 

This was kinda new to me. Not opening lockers and shit like that but changing in front of others. I never changed in front of anyone before. It made me a bit nervous since I'm really insecure. I didn't change yesterday because the gym teacher had to explain rules and all that to me. "Hey, are you okay Kyouko?" Reina asked. I looked down at her nervously and nodded a little. "I've always been insecure about myself. So this kinda makes me nervous. What if someone thinks I look weird." I asked, my wolf ears pressed against my head sadly. 

Reina pulled me into a hug and smiled at me. "Don't worry about it! No one will think that! If they do then I'll beat them up!" She told me, puffing her cheeks to make her look angry. I couldn't help but chuckle and smile back. I opened my locker and got ready to change. I gulped nervously and began to remove my shirt. 

I regretted that decision. Once I complete took off my shirt, all the girls were staring at me, even Reina and Koito. "You said that no one will think I look weird!" I whispered shouted at Reina. Reina seemed to be in some kind of trance or something. I shook Reina gently, "Helloooo? Anyone home??" Reina snapped out of her trance and blushed brightly. She pulled away from my grip and looked down to the floor. "Di-Did I do something wrong?" I asked a bit worried. "N-No, it's just that," She stuttered, looking up a bit then pointed to my stomach.

I looked down then looked back at her again. "What about my stomach?" "I didn't expect someone like you to have abs Kyouko," Koito said with a straight face but I could see pink on her cheeks. "Oh, that. Yea, I kinda worked out a lot." I chuckled, rubbing the back of my neck nervously. "Then why do you seem so insecure even though, you look ho- I mean completely fine," Koito said, quickly correcting herself. I wonder what she was actually gonna say? Oh well.

"Well, I'm insecure about my scars," I said. Fighting phantoms alone isn't the nicest of jobs, I've had many times I almost got myself killed. But I liked doing what I did and I got to protect people. "Well don't be so insecure. You look fine. Besides, they're not staring at you because of your scars. They're doing it because they see your abs." Koito said, going back to changing.