Chapter 12

~Kyouko's POV~

I was reading on Mai's couch while she was still sleeping. She usually sleeps in on the weekends unlike me. I've had to wake up early almost every day of my life. Sometimes I don't even get sleep at all. I soon got bored of reading and decided to help clean the house a bit. I've been living with Mai for quite a while and she usually does all the cleaning while I sit around. I feel bad that she does all the cleaning but she always insists that she does it.

I began to wipe the windows then the tables. I can't vacuum anything because Mai's still sleeping. I began to wipe down the counters when I felt something soft pressed against my back. "Mmm.... What are you doing?" Mai asked behind me. I looked behind me to see Mai's chest was pressed firmly against my back and she had bed hair. I blushed and looked away. "Just cleaning the house a bit." "I thought I told you that I did the cleaning," She pouted. I smiled and looked at her. "I know but I'll feel guilty if you did all the cleaning," I told her. She smiled and nodded and nuzzles her face against my back. "M-Mai what are you doing?" I asked. "I don't know. You just seem really cuddly and I wanna cuddle you." She said, not letting go. 

I felt my face flush even more. "We-Well, I need to finish up cleaning so." She frowned and pulled away. "Fine, I'm gonna go find something to eat." She said then walked off. I let out a sigh of relief and continued cleaning. 

Once I finished cleaning I saw Mai on the couch watching tv while eating chips. "Hey Mai" I greeted her and sat down next to her on the couch. "Hey Kyouko, you wanna watch some movies with me?" She asked. I happily agreed, making her smile even brighter.

I sat with my legs crossed as Mai looked for a movie. "What kind of movie do you wanna watch?" Mai said. "Any is fine," I smiled at her. Her face turns a bit pink and looked away. Was she blushing? Oh well. Once she picked a movie, she turned off the lights and close the curtains. "What movie are we watching?" I asked, reaching over to a bowl of popcorn that was made earlier. "We have the whole day so we can watch comedy, action, and then we'll just see from there." She said. I nodded and she started the movie.

Once we finished watching the comedy and action movies, I got up and stretched a bit. My shirt rode up a bit, revealing of my abs. I looked over to Mai to see she was staring at my stomach while biting her bottom lip. "You alright Mai?" I asked. She snapped out of her trance and blushed madly. "Ye-Yea..."

I looked over at the clock to see it was almost nighttime. "Hey you want dinner?" I asked. She shook her head. "Nah, let's continue to watch some movies." I nodded and sat back down next to her. "You pick the movie," Mai told me and hands me the remote. I closed my eyes and randomly picked a movie. I opened my eyes to see that it landed on a horror movie. "We don't have to watch it if you're scared," I told Mai and looked over to her. She shook her head. "No, it's fine. Besides, it's a new horror movie. You might wanna watch it." 

I nodded and started the movie. I glanced over to the side to see Mai scoot closer a bit. Maybe she's scared. I sat closer and wrapped an arm protectively around her shoulders. She stiffened against my touch and blushes madly. Her face was as red as a tomato. She didn't bother to move closer or move away.

During the middle of the movie, the person was walking through the basement and when they turned around a ghost girl with long black hair jumped at them all of a sudden making me flinch a little. I liked watching horror movies because of the suspense. I don't get scared often especially not after what I had to go through. Mai yelped and clung onto me for dear life. I felt her shiver against my side as she buried her face in my shoulder. 

The same thing kept happening for the next several jumpscares. She looked so pale right now. I felt really bad for making her watch this. "Hey Mai, we can stop watching this and watch another movie if you want," I suggested. She shook her head, "N-No, I'm fine.." I sighed and kept looking at her. She looked at me and blushed. "Wh-Why are you staring at me?" "I know you're scared. You don't have to watch this if you don't want to." I told her. She sighed, "I know but I really do wanna watch it with you. I just get scared easily." 

I nodded and paused the movie. "What're you doing?" She asked. I didn't answer her but instead, I pulled her onto my lap. She blushed madly and tried to get off. But every time she did, I would pull her back onto my lap. "Ky-Kyouko, what are you doing?" She asked blushing madly. "You said you get scared easily right? Well I thought that this might help. Why? Am I doing anything wrong?" I frowned. "No no no! I-It's not that. I'm just a bit flustered that's all." She said, looking down. "Why are you so flustered?" I asked curiously. "I-It's nothing. Come on, let's finish the movie." She smiled. I nodded my head and unpaused the movie.

When another jumpscare happens, Mai jumped a bit and buried her face in the crook of my neck while her hands were clinging onto my shirt for dear life. I smiled down at her and gently rubbed her back comfortingly. Once she calmed down, I wrapped my arm around her waist and pulled her closer. She blushed and laid her head on my shoulder and continued to watch the movie. 

About an hour later the movie ended. I yawned and rubbed my eyes. I looked over to see Mai who was asleep. I smiled at her as she snuggled closer for warmth. I looked over on the couch to see a blanket. I reached over and covered the both of us. I wrapped my arms around Mai and held her close as I closed my eyes. I had to admit today was pretty fun. Even though it was just watching movies, having Mai around made it a bit better. I smiled and fell asleep thinking about today.