Chapter 33

~Kyouko's POV~

We've been here for several months now. Makoto thought that it would be nice to take a break from phantom hunting and actually settle in for a while. I didn't mind since I didn't have to work for money. Our phantom hunting would continue to pay us even if we weren't working, as long as we kept the town safe, the town pays us. The girls were trying their hardest to get close to me again. I didn't know why they're trying so hard. But I didn't stop them. 

"Makoto! I'm heading out!" I yelled. "Alright," I heard her yell back from her room. I was heading to the cafe Reina was working at. She wanted to spend time with me and also because her shift ends early today so she wants to take me somewhere.

"Hey Reina!" I called out when I walked into the cafe. "Kyouko!" Reina said happily and ran over to me then hugged me. I chuckled and hugged back. "You seem excited," I said. She blushed and let go, "So-Sorry." "No need. I think it's cute." I grinned. She blushed more and looked away. "I-I have to help other customers. Can you want for a while? My shift doesn't end in 10 minutes." She said. "Sure! And I'll take just an ice water." I told her. She nodded and went to get my water as I sat down at one of the booths. 

Reina came back with my water then headed back to the counter. I heard the door open and I saw two guys walked in. They whispered to each other and pointed to Reina. I narrowed my eyes as my ears perk up in alarm. I have a bad feeling about those two.

They sat down at the bar stools near the counter. "Hey hot stuff, I'll take whatever you make and a fine piece of you." One of the guys said with a smirk. I glared at the guy and gripped my glass of water. 

"Sorry. This is a cafe. But how may I help you?" She asked with a forced smile. I always felt bad for her since she always had to force a smile on her face. "I think I'll help myself with a fine piece of your ass." The other guy said and tried to reach other to her. Luckily Reina pulled away quick enough. "Sir, please." She said trying to stay calm. "Sir? Why so formal? You can call us your daddies." The guy said.

I nearly choked on an ice cube from what that guy said. Reina looked at them with disgust then glared at them. "Look. I'm not here to deal with men like you. So you either act like proper people and order your food or leave." She ordered. "So feisty~" The guy said and grabbed her wrist. Reina tried to pull away but the guy tightened his grip. "Where do you think you're going?" The other guy said and stood up. He was about to go behind to counter to her and I quickly stood up and went over to them.

I gritted my teeth angrily as I approached them. I tapped on the shoulder of the guy who was gripping onto her wrist. He turned to me and glared at me. I smiled and punched him in the jaw. He lets go of her wrist and tumbled down. Reina yelped in surprise and looked at me.

I growled at the guys and goes over to the one that was about to grab Reina from behind the counter. I slammed him against the wall and picked him up by his shirt. "Look here you little shit. I don't to see you or your little friend near her ever again. Got it?! If I do, I won't hesitate to break every bone in your body then grind it into dust and throw your worthless body into the fucking ocean." I snarled angrily. 

He nodded in fear and began to shiver. I threw him aside causing him to yelp. He quickly got up to his feet and ran out the door with his friend. I looked over to Reina who was still scared. I sighed and hugged her. I felt her calm down and move closer to me. "I got scared... Those guys have been harassing me for a couple of weeks now but I never thought that they would actually do something like that," She said. "It's fine Reina. They won't bother you again. If they do, tell me and I'll beat them up for you." I said. She smiled and nodded. "Thank you Kyouko. Come on, my shift is over." She said and took off her apron.