Chapter 21

~Kyouko's POV~

I stared up at her, my eyes widen with disbelief. "N-No, this isn't true. I only have one sibling and he's my brother!" I growled at her. She didn't seem to look surprised and only kneels down to look at me. "He's not your brother. And his parents aren't yours." She said, looking at me in the eyes. "Did you really think you got your powers and wolf parts all of a sudden? You were born with it." She said. I sat there in silence while staring at the ground. I didn't want to believe her but what she said almost sounded true. 

She stood up again and held out a hand for me. I stared at her but eventually took her hand and let her hoist me up to my feet. "You're injured. Follow me." She said and walked off. I watched her leave, not moving from my spot. Her ears perk up and she looked back at me. "I have no intention to hurt you." She said. I didn't trust her but I wanted to find out more about her.

I quietly followed behind her as she led me down the street. We arrived at a house several minutes later. She unlocks the door and lets me in first. When I got inside, I expect it to be a trap but instead it was just a normal looking home. She closed the door behind me and pointed to the couch. "Sit down. I'm getting bandages for you," she ordered and went to the bathroom. I quietly walked over to the couch and sat down. Makoto came over to me with bandages and began to wrap me up. 

I expected her to lure me into her apartment and take me as a hostage but she didn't. Once she finished, she handed me food and water. She went into her room and came out wearing casual clothes. She left herself vulnerable in front of me and she barely even knows me. Or does she trust me not to attack her?

"I want explanations and I want them now!" I demanded. Her expression stayed normal and took a sip of her water. "Alright sure. But the real problem is, would you believe me if I told you." She said. I stayed silent and stared at her. "Depends if it's believable or not," I told her.

She nodded and got up to get something. Makoto came back with a picture that was framed. She handed it to me and sat back down again. I looked at it to see it was Makoto when she was just a toddler and was holding a baby while grinning at the camera. "That's you," She told me.

I frowned and looked at her. "The family that you were raised in was supposed to have twins. A boy and a girl. But they lost the girl twin and they took you instead as a replacement. They told our mother and father that you were lost. They choose to give you away since their family was richer and had a good lawyer. We couldn't afford lawsuits and they knew it. That's why they choose you so we couldn't sue them when we lost you." She told me, leaning back on the couch.

"Our parents were devastated of course and did everything in their power to try to find you. They didn't last long because they eventually died." She said. "How did they die?" I asked. "Murder," she simply replied. I stared down at my shoes, trying to find words to say but nothing came out. 

"I made a promise to them. That I would find you, no matter how long it took and tell you the truth." Makoto said, looking at me. "But how do you know I'm your younger sister. Maybe you got me mixed up with someone else." I said. Makoto shook her head and said, "No. I thought so too but I've been watching you for a couple of months now and when I fought you, you had the same exact powers as our dad." She said, with her arms crossed.

"My other family.... Do they know about this?" I asked. "Well I heard that the doctors from the hospital that you were born in that they did tell the parents. They told them that you weren't actually the real twin. I guess they told them since that hospital was getting shut down anyways. I guess they decided to keep you anyways since they probably got attached to you. Your so-called brother, I don't know if he knows about this." Makoto told me.