Chapter 13

~Kyouko's POV~

Ever since that movie day I had with Mai, we've been pretty close. She would blush easily when she's around me just like the others girls now. I don't know why but I hope they're not sick. I was walking to school with Mai and we were just talking about random things. 

"So did you hear about the school carnival?" Mai asked. I shook my head. "I haven't heard of it. Why?" I asked, putting my hands behind my head as we continued walking. "The school carnival is this weekend and almost everyone that's going is going to wear komodos. It's really fun. You should go with us!" She said. "I don't know... I'm not the type to go to social events.." I sighed. "It'll be fun though!" She exclaimed. I shook my head. "Sorry, not doing it." She pouted and crossed her arms. "Fine." I sighed and pat her head and continued walking to school.

After school, I went a mission by myself and decided to hunt down a phantom. Sure it's fun doing it with the others but I like going by myself from time to time. I looked up at the electrical wires to see a phantom walking along the line. I could tell that it was trying to hide from humans. Which meant that the phantom could hide from the human eye.

Only the human eye

I continued to follow the phantom until it got off the electrical wires. I looked around to make sure there wasn't anyone around. My fists then engulf into black flames as a ran toward the phantom and punched it. It let out a cry and hisses then try to attack me. I dodged the attack easily and roundhouse kicked it. It lost its balance and fell on its stomach. I ran towards it and jumped up into the air and landed on its head. It let out a pained yell as its skull was smashed under my feet. 

I got off the phantom's head and took out my dagger and cut the phantom causing it to disintegrate into the air. I put away the dagger and looked up at the sky. This town is kinda quiet. I kinda like it. I felt my phone vibrate and saw that Koito texted me. Oh right, Koito started talking to me a few days ago. I'm really glad that she started talking to me again, I thought I was gonna go crazy if I didn't get to talk to her. I don't know why but the thought of never talking to her again kinda freaked me out. 

I looked at the text and it told me to come over to the school. Why would she want to see me at school? Probably for that school carnival or something like that. I shrugged and headed back to school. 

Once I got back to school I saw Koito and Reina standing there waiting for me. "Hey guys. How come it's just you two?" I asked. "Mai had something else to do. Anyways come on, we wanna show you around the carnival." Reina said, linking our arms together. "Come on," Koito said, linking my other arm with hers and took us to where the carnival set up was. 

I began to look around to see a bunch of booths. Most of them were games and food booths but there were some that were probably selling things. "So are you gonna come with us?" Reina said, looking up at me. "No, carnivals aren't my thing," I replied. "Aww please, it's going to be so much fun! Please, it won't be the same without you." She said sadly, looking up at me with puppy eyes. 

I gulped nervously and looked away. Yea I might not seem like it but I have a weakness for puppy eyes when it came to these girls. It mostly only worked for Mai and Reina, I have never seen Koito do it. "Koito help me pursue Kyouko to come to the carnival with us!" Reina said. I looked over to Koito to see what she would do or say. She let out a sigh then looked up at me and did puppy eyes. I felt my heart skip a beat as my face began to feel heated. "Please!!" Reina begged still doing puppy eyes.

"Fine, I'll go!" I groaned in defeat. Reina smiled brightly and jumped on me. "Yay!!" She squealed and wrapped her arms tightly around my neck. I blushed and pat her head. "Come on. We should get going, it's gonna get dark." Koito said. I nodded and unwrapped Reina's arms and the three of us left school. We decided to walk Reina home first. "Thanks guys. I'll see you tomorrow." Reina said while waving goodbye. We waved back and continued walking. "So I'm guessing the carnival is tomorrow on Saturday huh?" I looked over to Koito. She nodded in reply. 

We continued walking until we reached Koito's place. "You can come in if you want," She told me then unlocked the door and walked in. I walked into her place and looked around. "Do you live alone?" I asked. "Yea, I left my parents." She told me, sitting down on the couch. I sat down next to her and looked at her concerned, "How come?" She looked down at her lap,"Well you know how the three of us girls have powers right? Well, when I found out mine when I was a little kid. Everyone was scared of me, even my parents. They blocked me out. So when I was 11, I helping people that didn't know about my powers and I raised enough money to move here. Ever since then I've been alone." I frowned as she told me this. I felt bad for her and angry at the same time. 

"That's not right," I said. She looked at me with confusion in her eyes. "What're you talking about?" I looked into her eyes and took her hands into mine. "They shouldn't have treated you like this. Power or no power, you're still their daughter. They should of at least learned to accept you. That's not right. Treating a person differently just because they got some power. It's not like you changed entirely, how they treated you wasn't right. You don't deserve being treated like this. No one does." I told her, squeezing her hands tighter. She looked at me with shock and surprise. "No one ever said that to me before..." She said, looking down again.

I smiled and used one of my hands to lift her chin up. "Well, you can say I'm not just your normal someone." She smiled and hugged me tightly. I was a bit in shock at first because Koito wasn't the type of person to do this but I smiled and hugged her back. "Thank you Kyouko," She said. "It's nothing." "Kyouko, when you first noticed my powers. Were you afraid of me like everyone else?" She asked, looking up at me." "Nope. Because I knew the person controlling those powers is probably someone genuine and misunderstood." I explained. She blushed a little and laid her head on my shoulder.

"Koito, how long have you been alone?" I asked, looking up at the ceiling. "I guess ever since I discovered my powers. I haven't talked to anyone since even if I tried, they would still be afraid of me." She said. "Well, not anymore because I'm gonna move in with you," I smiled. "Wait what? Aren't you suppose to be living with Mai?" She asked confused. "No, I'm only staying there for a temporary time, I'm supposed to be looking for another place to live. Besides, I kinda have to leave her place sooner or later because she told me her younger sister is coming back," I explained. "But are you sure you wanna live with me? Don't you wanna live with your brother?" She said. I nodded my head, "I'm sure. Besides Haruhiko has mom and dad." She smiled and nodded. "Then it's settled. I'm moving in!" I said excitedly while throwing my hands in the air. 

Koito yawned and rubbed her eyes. "Hey, if you're tired you can go to bed. I'll leave." I told her. She shook her head and tighten her hug. "I-I'm guessing you want me to stay here with you?" I stuttered while blushing. She nodded and closed her eyes. "Hey don't fall asleep till I put you in bed." I chuckled. I picked her up in my arms and carried her to bed. I tucked her in and smiled. "Night Koito," I told her. She opened her eyes a bit and grabbed my the collar of my uniform then pulled me into bed with her. "Cuddle," She simply said and wrapped her arms around my waist. I blushed madly and looked down at her. 

I never knew that Koito would be like this. It's like she's a whole different person. She wouldn't even hug me in public but she's willing to cuddle when no ones around. I had to admit it's cute, it's almost like she has two sides of her. I took out my phone and texted Mai that I wouldn't be home tonight. After that, I put my phone on the table beside me. I wrapped my arm and my wolf tail around her waist and pulled her closer. She smiled and snuggled closer to my chest. I couldn't help but smile as well and close my eyes. And the both of us fell asleep.

(A/N: Question for all you readers out there Who's your favorite girl so far? Is it Mai, Koito, or Reina? My personal favorite is Koito because of her personality in the anime)