Chapter 19

~Kyouko's POV~

Thank god mating season is almost over. It felt like forever. I stumbled into the apartment Koito and I shared then flopped onto the couch. Koito and the others decided that they were going to go phantom hunting. I decided not to go since I had an exam tomorrow. 

I threw my book bag onto the floor and took off my jacket. I sat down in front of the coffee table and placed all the supplies I needed to study on the table. I wrapped my tail around myself and began to study. 

I yawned and tiredly flipped to the next page. I rubbed my eyes and looked up at the clock. "Damn it's already 8 pm..." I muttered. I got up from my spot and headed to the kitchen to get something to eat. 

I made myself a sandwich and a soda and headed back to my studying spot. Before I sat down again, a knock was heard on the front door. 'Who could it be?' I thought. I went over to the door and opened it but no one was there. I looked around the hall and glanced down to see an envelope. I bent down to pick it up and looked around once more to see if the person that left it there was still here. 

 After looking through the empty halls, I went back inside and closed the door. I sat back down and examined the envelope. It even has my name on it. I opened the envelope and unfolded the letter. 

Dear Kyouko,

You probably do not remember who I am or where you're actually from. Let's get this straight. I know who you are and where you're from. I know your real parents because the parents that have raised you weren't yours. Your so-called brother isn't your blood-brother. You weren't infected, you were born like this. Your powers weren't activated until that moment. We have much to talk about but very little time. In two days time at exact midnight, meet me on the roof of your school. There, I will tell you everything you need to know. Until then, take care.

Sincerely,

Unknown

I stared at the note, slightly in shocked. What did they mean Haruhiko isn't my brother?! And that my parents are my real parents?! I don't understand. I was born human and got infected right? Or at least that's what I know. 

I shook my head and folded back the letter. No, this person's just fucking with my head. I sighed and threw the letter aside with my pile of work and continued reading my textbook.

I rubbed my eyes and closed my textbook. I look up at the clock to see it was almost midnight. I stuffed my things back into my bag and sat down on the couch. I wanted to wait for Koito to get home. I turned on the tv and watched whatever was on.

I heard a soft knock at the front door. I raised an eyebrow confused. 'Who could that be?' I thought. I turned off the tv and got up to answer the door. I opened the door and Koito immediately fell into my arms. I looked at her slightly surprised by this and looked down at her. My eyes widen even more when I saw cat ears on her head. I carefully picked her up and closed the door. 

I laid her down on the bed and examined her. Her clothes were slightly torn and had dirt on it. She has cat ears on her head and had a cat tail slightly moving in her sleep. I was still trying to think of how she got them. Why were her clothes so dirty? And why the hell does she sudden have cat parts all of a sudden?! 

I scratched the back of my head, trying to think of something. I eventually gave up and decided to take a shower. Once I finished, I dried myself up and wrapped a towel around my waist and letting another towel rest around my shoulders. I frowned when I looked on the counter and saw my clothes weren't there. I must have had forgotten them in the bedroom. At least Koito was asleep.