Chapter 25

(A/N: It's a short but dramatic chapter)

~Kyouko's POV~

Ever since that day, Haruhiko and I are enemies. We refused to even look each other in the eye. The girls were concerned about us but we didn't tell them anything about what happened. Or at least I didn't.  

Haruhiko, I know you told them something. But what?

I knew Haruhiko must have told the girls something because they stopped hanging out with me. At lunch, I would sit alone. I felt hurt but I kept it inside. I shouldn't have so much hope in the girls. Haruhiko knew them better than I did. He always did. He always got the better end of the deal even when we were just children.

It was class period and Haruhiko was nowhere to be seen. I didn't worry about it much but I couldn't help but have a feeling in my stomach. Maybe I had a stomach ache. I raised my hand while holding my stomach. "Yes?" My teacher answered when he noticed me. "May I use the bathroom?" I asked. He nodded and excused me.

I left the classroom and headed down the hallway. While walking down the quiet hallway, I heard sounds. Moans and groans. The voices sounded familiar. There were more than two voices. My heart clutched in fear as I followed the noise. No, it can't be... It can't be them, right? They wouldn't do that to me.

I stopped at the supply closet. I gripped the handle and swung the door open. What I saw broke my heart. Everything inside of me crumbled down. I felt my inner rage screaming, wanting to break free. 

Koito, Reina, and Mai were in their undergarments with Haruhiko who only had his boxers on. He had a smirk on his face while the girls looked at me with fear and regret. My face couldn't even show the anger and betrayal I felt. My expression was blank and my eyes were filled with nothing but blank stares and dead looks.

"Ky-Kyouko, this isn't wasn't it looks like," Mai said with her voice cracking up as she came over to me. I backed away from her causing her to look more broken. The other two girls came out of the closet and looked at me with regret in their eyes. 

"I loved you..." I confessed. After all these months, after all this time, I finally told them how I felt. I told them how I felt finally but it was too late. They've fallen for another. Their eyes widen in shock as their mouths open to speak but nothing came out. "I know I'm too late to earn your love back but I needed to tell you this. I hope you enjoy what you have. Thanks for playing with my emotions and making me feel this way but in the end, your intentions were to break them." I chuckled darkly.

Their eyes teared up more as soft sobs left them. I glared at them through the tears in my eyes. "Why are you crying?! You're not the one getting hurt! I am! You have no rights to cry! I should have never come back here to this pitiful hell! I should have let phantoms eat me alive! I hate you!!" I screamed. 

By now, tears were streaming down my cheeks. Something unfamiliar stirred inside me. It made my heart feel bitter as my mind went blank.

"Make them pay for what they have done," A dark demonic voice said. 

That voice... It's the voice from my nightmares. 

"They don't deserve your pity. Kill the boy and make the girls suffer for what they did to you. Make them all pay!" It echoed through my mind.

I clutched my head and growled, "N-No, I-I won't do it. Wh-Who are you?" 

"I'm you. The one you've been trying to hide away for years." It replied.

Then I felt as if I was stabbed by a thousand blades. I screamed in pain as I collapsed on the floor. I held my chest in pain as my vision began to grow dark. I began to grow unconscious, as I slowly fainted away I heard the voice say, 

"You had your time. Now it's my time to rise."