Chapter 31

~Reina's POV~

"Reina, you're closing up alright!" I heard my boss tell me. "Yes, sir!" I replied as he left. I sighed and wiped down the tables. When I finished up cleaning, I took off the apron I was wearing and emptied out the tip I got today. I took out the  ¥5,000 I got today from Kyouko. The thought of her came back to my head and I felt my heart clutch in guilt.

The day she left, I felt my heart break. She left without saying goodbye and without a trace. She hated us that much... She wasn't lying when she said she hated us. The amount of hatred that day in her eyes were enough to break someone down. 

Even till today, her hatred for us was still there. She couldn't even stand to look me in the eyes. I felt something wet run down my cheeks. When I wiped my cheeks, I realized it they were tears. I wiped away my tears and took my share of the money then locked up the cafe.

I kept thinking of Kyouko and how much she had changed. Even after all these years, she's still able to make me flustered and my heartbeat quicken. No one was able to do that. I felt my breath hitch slightly as the realization hit me.

I still love her....

-------------

~Mai's POV~

I leaned back in my chair and cracked my back. I sighed tiredly as I looked at my computer screen. I wasn't able to focus on work today ever since I bumped into Kyouko. I couldn't stop thinking about how she acted towards me. She acted so differently. I could tell by her attitude she was angry.

How can I blame her? I hurt her so much. And I made it even worse by saying all those things on the day she left. The three of us knew that when we found out that she left, it was because of us. 

I rested my head on my desk. I remembered the tears streaming down her cheeks as she screamed back at us. I felt my heart hurt as I remembered the way she used to smile brightly at me. I knew that she would never be like that again towards me. 

I sniffled and felt myself tremble slightly. I sat back up and covered my eyes with my hands. I felt the palms of my hands grow wet from the tears. No matter how hard I tried to hold back my tears, my mind would make me remember Kyouko back before we hurt her and after we hurt her. 

Who am I kidding? No matter how hard I tried to move on. I tried to distract myself with Haruhiko but it never worked. Whenever I looked at him, it would only remind me of Kyouko's broken and hatred expressions.

What have I done... 

--------------

~Koito's POV~

I sat on my bed curled up. I stared out the window of my room. I was trying to study for my upcoming tests but I couldn't focus. My thoughts would always wander back to that girl Kyouko was talking to over the phone. 

I gritted my teeth as I thought of that girl with Kyouko. Cuddling.... Kissing... Holding hands... Doing that... Makes me sick!

I sighed sadly and hugged my knees. I'm way too jealous of this girl. Besides, I did this to myself. I lost Kyouko to another girl. I hated this. I hated knowing that Kyouko belongs to someone else besides me. I wanted her for so long and I drove her away. She still hates me even till this day. And I couldn't blame her.

I was the one who drove her away. When I saw her come back today, I thought I could start over with her but I knew by the way she acted, she wasn't looking for us to start over. Since she left, my place had felt so empty. I was so used to waking up to Kyouko complaining in the morning about school and sudden surprise hugs from behind. I barely spoke to anyone knew ever since she left. I laid down on my bed and hugged Kyouko's old jacket.