Chapter 35

~Kyouko's POV~

When I told Makoto about Koito and Reina, she didn't even act surprised and instead said, "Took you long enough". 

When Mai found out that I was dating both Koito and Reina, she got pretty upset with us and stopped talking to us. At first, I thought it might just last a couple of days but those days turned into weeks. She wouldn't return any of my calls or texts. I began to worry about her and what might have happened to her. 

I would wake up early just so I could walk around town so I could hopefully bump into her. But I never saw her. I even went to the place she worked at and asked them if she was there but they would tell me she wasn't available. 

Koito and Reina would help me to and try to find Mai but they also had no luck. All I want to do now is find her and make sure she's safe. Makoto would sometimes help around whenever she leaves the house to do errands. 

I quietly sat at the cafe and stared into my coffee. Reina was serving the other customers right now and Koito was in class. I checked my phone again to see if Mai replied. I scrolled through our text messages but still nothing. I put down my phone and drank my coffee. Where could she be? Why is she avoiding all of us? At least she could have explained it.

I looked out the window to stare at the busy streets. Cars were driving by and people were walking to their destinations. As I watched everything pass by, I saw a flash of blonde hair. My wolf ears perk up in alert and I rose up from my seat. "Reina, watch my thing!" I called to her and ran out the door. 

I got outside and tried to look through the crowd of people. There I saw Mai walking away. "Mai!!" I yelled out. She turned around to face me and her eyes widen slightly. I grinned as she finally looked at me but she quickly turned away and walked faster.

I frowned and slipped by the crowd, trying to reach her. "Mai!" I called out again but she only walked faster. "Fuck I can't lose her again," I growled and tried my best to slip past everyone without bumping into them. Once I finally reached her, I grabbed her wrist. "Gotcha!" I said. She turns towards me again but this time her eyes were full of fear and helplessness. My heart broke at the sight and I wanted to ask her what was wrong but her wrist slips out of my grasp.

I watched as she stumbled through the crowd. I saw her other wrist was being held onto by someone else. She was being dragged away from me. I growled angrily and went after her. Whoever this was, I won't let them take her away or hurt her. 

"Mai!" I yelled again, "Mai! Don't you worry! I'm coming!" I yelled. "Kyouko!! Help!!" I heard her cry. Something inside of me snaps when I heard her cry for help. I growled and shoving people aside, not caring who I bumped into anymore. I felt the anger inside of me boil stronger as Mai's cry for help kept on repeating in my head. 

I watched as Mai got dragged to the side into an alleyway. I shoved anyone else in my way and followed them. I looked around with my wolf ears perked on high alert. The alleyway was long and dark. It reeked of trash and sewage which made it hard for me to pick up a scent. I barely could hear anything from the people talking and cars roaring as they passed by. 

I walked quietly as I began to search for her. I heard a quiet sob further in the alleyway and I went towards the sound. I hid behind a dumpster and peeked out to see a figure pinning Mai down to the wall.

"Let me go! I thought you already left!" She cried. "Shut up Mai or people will hear you! I said I wasn't going to hurt you but you refused to listen to me!" The figure said. The person's voice sounded too similar but it couldn't be. Would it?

"You didn't love us anymore so why are you coming back?!" She shouted. "I won't let Kyouko have you! I won't let her have something I don't have! I deserve better than her! I'm the normal one! I'm the hero!" The person shouted. Mai was about to shout again but the person slapped her right across the cheek. "Shut up!! If you let out another scream, I'll summon phantoms on you!" They threatened. I had enough.