Chapter 36

~2 years later~

~Kyouko's POV~

It's been two years ever since I started dating the girls again. I never saw Haruhiko again ever since that day either. My relationship with the girls have been going smoothly even though there were some fights here and there over something stupid, we always made up. 

I tried to set Makoto up with one of the girls from Beach Angels but she quickly declined. 

She said that she didn't want to date any other girls. She told me that she didn't want anyone else, that she was waiting for them. I wonder who she's talking about. I would ask her what she meant but she would never tell me. Maybe she'll tell me later on when she's comfortable. It also turns out that Haruhiko and his parents left the town several months after I beat him up.

Kurumi began to hang out with us again whenever she had free time. I remember seeing her as some little kid from elementary and now she's in high school. She still carries around her teddy bear, Albrecht.

During one of my phantom hunts with the girls and Makoto, we bumped into Ruru who was alone. At first, I was confused since she's mostly around Haruhiko but it turns out that he didn't want her anymore so she wanders alone now. Makoto agreed that she could stay with us as long as she wasn't troublesome like me.

Just a month ago, I bought three proposal rings. I felt that I was ready to ask them to marry me after dating for 2 years straight. But something inside of me held me back and I couldn't work up the courage to ask them. Makoto told me that if I don't propose them sooner or later, I wouldn't be allowed to eat anything sweet and she would make Ruru annoy me about it until I actually do it. I was scared that they would decline and say it's too early.

I stared at the three ring boxes on top of my drawer as sat at my bed. Each ring and box were different of course because the girls were special in their own way. Mai's ring was in a purple velvet ring box with a ring that had an amethyst gem on it. Reina's ring was in a navy blue velvet ring box with an aquamarine gem on it. Koito's was in a red velvet ring box with a ruby gem on it. Sure it was expensive but I wanted the best for them.

I got out of bed and headed to the kitchen to get some food. Makoto was reading her book at the dining table while Ruru was munching on a cookie. I was about to reach for a candy bar until Makoto spoke up with a stern voice, "What do you think you are doing?" "Um... Getting candy?" I replied confused. "Remeber what I said. No sweets until you propose." She said. I groaned and sat at the dining table with them. "But why?!" I whined. 

"I'm only doing this for you. I know you really want to ask them but you're too nervous. You need a little push that's all." Makoto told me. "This isn't a push! This is punishment!" I complained. "Just propose to them already and you can eat whatever you want," Ruru says with her mouth full of cookie. "Shut up. It's not easy." I mumbled. "I mean the worst thing they could do is only say no. They wouldn't break up with you just for asking." Ruru shrugged.

I sighed and sat up from my seat. "But what if I mess up? What if everything goes wrong?" I asked. "It won't. You just have to calm down." Makoto says and puts down her book. "Think of somewhere you can propose to them. Somewhere special or romantic." Makoto suggested.

I began to think of a place that maybe all four of us have gone before. But the only places I thought of were the places that only me and one of the girls went together. "Wait, Ruru. Remember that abandoned factory where we first met?" I asked. "Yea, it's gone now though. They replaced it with a new park a cool little pond. Did you know that pond has fish and ducks in it too?!" Ruru said excitedly. "That's perfect!" I said and got up. I grabbed my phone and texted in the group chat that had Mai, Reina, Koito, and me in it.