birthday engagement • bradley beal

You can have my love
You're the girl of my life
Am I all you're dreamin' of
Yes, you're my desire
I wanna give you so much
For the things that you give to me
Just take my love, baby
Because you are so dear to me

My Heart Belongs To U- Jodeci
---------------

Maria was flying from Miami to be with Brad on her birthday. She'd made a compromise to leave early and spend time with her family, so she could be with her boyfriend. They've been dating for a good two and a half years now; they've stuck together through thick and thin. Maria was always supportive of him, through high school, and through college even though they went their separate ways.

Bradley paid for her trip back home, first class. He was more than ready to fully commit to her, he's always been faithful. Maria is his world, even though it took him a while to figure it out for himself. He's grateful to have her in his life, and he's never going to let her go.

Brad locked his car, then zipping up his jacket he grabbed the huge bouquet of assorted roses off the top of the car, making his way inside the airport. He was stopped by a couple of people who recognized him, took some pictures and signed autographs while waiting at the bottom of the escalators for Maria

Holding the huge bouquet of different colored roses behind his back, he saw her brown hair. Smiling to himself, he moved closer as she waved, and he could practically hear her squeal as she began moving past people off the moving stairs into his arms.

"Im so happy to see you!" Maria exclaims, her arms around his shoulders.

"Same here. These are for you baby girl," he holds the flowers out in front of her. She sighs taking them carefully and smells them.

"These are beautiful Brad, thank you." Maria smiles shyly, as he pulls her in by the waist, pecking her lips softly.

"Let's get home." He grabs her suitcase in one hand, and her left hand in his empty one.

"You have no idea how much I missed you." Maria admits, looking over at him.

"I missed you too, I'm pretty sure you're even more beautiful than the last time I saw you."

"Hmm, you're up to something. What is it?" A smirk appears on Maria's face as she sits in the passenger seat of his Mercedes.

"Why must you always assume I'm up to something? I can't just give my girlfriend a compliment?" A mischievous glint appears in his eye, as he cant hold back his grin.

"Mm, I guess." She says with light laughter.

Bradley was actually wondering how she knew that he was up to something. He planned on proposing to her tonight at the party he had planned for her. The only thing that was on his mind was, he was nervous as hell.

-----------------

While in Miami with her family, Maria's aunt and mother took her shopping. They bought her the dress she's going to wear tonight to the dinner party. It's burgundy, Bradley's favorite color on her; and it was a jersey dress that dropped low in the front, and fitted to her body. Maria decided on wearing her hair up in a bun, a few tendrils of hair tucked behind her ear. To complete the ensemble she paired it with a couple of pieces of gold jewelry, and black heels.

"You all ready to go baby girl?" Bradley's sentence dwindles off when he sees her.

"God you look beautiful, wearing my favorite color too." He moves closer to her, placing both hands on her waist.

"Thank you," she smiles, biting her lip at the sight of Brad in a suit. "You look very handsome."

Smiling, he tilts his head down to meet her lips, kissing her softly.

"We should get going, we don't want to be late." Maria whispers in between their shared kisses.

"You're right, you have everything," he questions as she adjusts the black tie he has on.

"Yeah, let's go." Maria grabs his hand, linking fingers.

----------------

The party that Bradley planned for Maria was successful. He knows that she can be shy, and would prefer to just be at home with him, and that's fine. He just wanted to show everyone else how he truly felt about her.

"Maria, will you stand up for me honey?" Bradley holds his hand out for her.

"Where are we going?" She asks, putting her hand tentatively in his.

"No where. Just listen," he kisses her cheek taking the wine glass out of her hand.

"Everyone I have an announcement to make, quiet down please."

Bradley looks at all the faces of his friends and her friends, and he knows this is right.

"Babe, what are you doing?"

Completely ignoring her question, he grabs her other hand looking down at her.

"Maria, I remember the day we first met. You caught my attention because you were on the cheerleading team, and I expected you to be just like all those other girls, but you were so different. You were always quiet and kept to yourself. I know you are probably cringing right now, even though these are most of our friends."

Maria laughs quietly while keeping her head down, remembering herself throughout high school and college with him.

"I guess what I'm trying to say is," he bends down on one knee, still holding the both of her hands. "I love you, and even though we're young, I don't want anyone else. Will you marry me, Maria?" Pulling the diamond ring from his pocket and holding it out.

The look of surprise on Maria's face stayed there for a bit as she registered what he just asked her.

"Bradley, yes. A million times yes, I want to marry you." She says loud enough for the others to hear as they erupt in cheers.

Smiling widely, Bradley slips the diamond on her finger, standing and kissing her.

"I love you, Bradley."

--------------

Hope you enjoyed itsmari-a
❤️❤️❤️❤️

Y'all I'm really sorry, I've been gone for two weeks and I'm trying to get back into this. 💘