parental guidance • demarcus cousins

Out of body
That's just how I feel when I'm around you, shawty
Last night we didn't say it
But girl, we both thought it
Why second guess? I should have stayed
You say the word I'm on the way
This shit feels like teenage fever

Teenage Fever // Drake
--------------------------------------

Kehlani clutched onto Demarcus' hand as they rode in silence. She couldn't ease her nerves no matter how hard she tried. They were going to meet her parents for dinner, and it was always awkward whenever they went with them.

"Baby, let go a little bit. I can't feel my hand." Boogie chuckled as he squeezed Kehlani's hand back.

"I'm sorry, I'm just nervous." She sighed heavily as she looked over at him.

He glanced at her quickly before diverting his eyes back to the road. "I'll be okay, I know that's why you're nervous. Your parents are just looking out for you." His hand moved down to rest on her thigh.

"But they're wrong this time. You're it for me, I'm happy with you."

Demarcus smiled at her as he came to a stop at the red light, and he cupped the side of her face pecking her lips. "Don't worry about it, I love you."

Kehlani bit her lip and nodded her head, then turned to look out the window as they continued on to their destination.

Demarcus and Kehlani met at Kehlani's job. She was interning at a doctor's office, and was working as a physical trainer. Demarcus came in and was having a bit of trouble with his ankle. Kehlani couldn't deny it, when she first saw him she thought he was cute and she knew who he was. Demarcus spit his best game, but no matter what Kehlani wouldn't budge. He vowed to himself that by the end of his last appointment, she'd agree to go on a date with him. Kehlani walked into work that day and Demarcus was waiting for her with a bouquet of flowers. He stumbled over a couple of his words as he asked her out again, and she finally accepted.

"Promise me you won't argue with your parents tonight over me, I hate seeing you all fight." Boogie rubbed a thumb over the back of Kehlani's hand.

"I can't promise that, but I can try." She leaned forward in her seat. "I can't let them talk to my man any kind of way."

"Say it again," he encouraged her as he reached over her and reclined her seat making her yelp.

"Stop Boogie, you know we won't even make it in if you keep it up." She said in between returning his kisses.

"Fine, I'll stop. You just wait." He winked at her, and opened his door jogging around to her side to help her out.

"Thank you," she held onto his hand as they walked towards the restaurant.

As they entered the building, Kehlani spotted her parents immediately and they waved at her.

"Hi Mom, hi Dad." She greeted them and gave them both hugs.

"Hi, Kehlani. It's so good to see you. We miss you coming by the house." Her father commented as she took her seat in the booth.

"Hello Demarcus," Kehlani's mother smiled.

"Hi, its good to see you two again." He smiled, and Kehlani's father only nodded at him.