Twelve

Even though I am here... Something still feels quite odd... Kaiya looked towards the sunset, as she sat in her usual spot, on top of the hokage mountains.

Kakashi, Obito, and Rin, all headed home, after she had walked around the whole village. She sighed, looking at the red sunset, watching as it slowly went down. Must be nothing... Maybe I'm just exaggerating...

So tomorrow is when I'll start my training with Kushina-san...

Once the sun was reached the tree tops when the moon and stars began to show, Kaiya finally has decided to leave the hokage mountains and headed back to where she is living.

"Minato-san, I'm home." Kaiya called out, while she walked in and took off her black sandals.

"How was your walk, Kaiya?" Minato asked, while he stood in front of the stove, wearing the pink apron he usually wore when he cooks. He turned to her, and smiled gently.

"It was good." She stated, before her eyes sparkled as she smelt the food that he was cooking. "What are we having tonight Minato-san?"

"Hm, just some pork, and rice." He stated, then noticed that she stood beside him, staring at the sizzling pork.

"Both you, and Kushina are great cookers, I love the food you guys always make." A big smile planted on her face. Really good actually...

Minato had a knowing smirk on his face, while he flipped over the pork, feeling great about Kaiya's complement. Am I really that good of a cook? Honestly, I thought I was terrible, Kushina is a better cook than I.

Once Minato has finished making their dinner, both himself and Kaiya ate, after they had eaten they headed for bed, awaiting for Kushina either tonight or the next morning.

Minato fell asleep quickly, for he had a very exhausting day with the missions that the third hokage has given him, as well as taking care of Kaiya for the whole week.

While Kaiya, on the other hand can't sleep at all, after being in slumber since squad 7 had just got back from their mission in the Kiminari village.

Kaiya sat in her room, while she looked out the window staring at the full moon that shines brightly. Glancing towards the clock, it had read 11:26.

The sound of some flapping, came close, as a small bird sat on the windowsill. While it stared into Kaiya's green eyes, blinking quite a lot while it moved its head down. She looked in the direction where the bird had nodded his head towards, a note attached the leg of the winged animal. Taking the note, she opened it and began to read. "Meet me at the hokage mountains, I am sure you won't be sleeping that quickly after being asleep for the entire week. -Kakashi."

Kaiya blinked, as she reread the note, looking towards the hokage mountains that were not too far from Minato's apartment. Kaka-kun wants me to go see him... But I can't disobey Minato-san...

She slowly walked into the hallway, stopping in front of Minato's room, staring at the half closed door. But than again, Kaka-kun is expecting me to meet him...

Kaiya sighed, she inhaled before peeking into his room, seeing that Minato was sprawled out on the bed, snoring slightly while he wore a calm expression.

Kaiya chuckled at the sleeping man, before closing the door. She sighed. I'm pretty sure it will be alright, Minato won't wake up until sunrise, anyways.

Kaiya put on one of her sweaters, she slipped on her sandals, quietly closing the door behind her while she left the apartment, heading in the direction of the hokage mountains.

x x x x

Where is she? Kakashi growled in the back of his mind, while he waited for the girl that he had invited to meet with him. He sat down and sighed, staring at the red rose that he held. I can do this... She will come, I'm sure of it...

After awhile of waiting, Kaiya's figure finally had come into Kakashi's sight, he hid the rose behind him as he watched her come and sit beside himself.

"Hello Kaka-kun, how are you tonight?" She asked, a smile planting on her face.

A blush slightly covered his masked face, while his grip on the rose stem tightened. "I'm good, what about you?" He asked, slightly looking away from the red head.

She gave a slightly confused look, she then looked into the same direction, looking at one of the constellations that were in the stars. Why does he always look away from me, when I try to give eye contact? "I'm good."

Kakashi battled himself within his mind, wanting to give her the rose and tell her his feelings, or to just sit there in each other's company. Why can't I do it... It's very hard, even for myself...

"Is something wrong, Kaka-kun?" She asked, tilting her head slightly as she still wore her confused expression.

Kakashi stayed silent for awhile, before mumbling out. "N-Nothing's wrong, really!?"

Her green eyes narrowed down to his mask. I still haven't seen that face of his... While she crawled to him, she raised her hand towards his mask. His eyes widened as he finally had noticed how close she had gotten. "K-Kaiya-chan... What are you..."

She blinked, stopping once she had noticed the redness of the rose, illuminating off the moon light. "What is this, Kaka-kun?" She asked while she took the flower from his hand.

His breath hitched, as his blush became darker. Kakashi stayed silent while he stared at the rose, glancing at Kaiya whom was waiting for a reply. His heart was pounding while he tried to figure out what to say to her. She already has the rose... Should I just tell her I love her...

"Kaka-kun... Are you sure you're alright?" She asked staring at the older boy, he just stared at her while his face changed colours of red.

"I... I... Lo... Uh..." His mumbled out, staring at her. Dammit, I can't even talk right now!

She giggled, smiling over to him as she stated. "You certainly are cute, Kaka-kun."

He turned away from her, quickly exclaiming while his face got into darker shade of red. "T-That rose is for you!" Great, now I can speak...

Kaiya's eyes slightly widened, as she stared at the rose petals. For me... She then slightly smiled, and glanced at the moon. "Thank you, it is very beautiful."

Kakashi calmed himself down, inhaling and exhaling while looking anywhere else except in Kaiya's direction. Dammit... Is this how Obito-dobe feels about Rin-chan? But then again, she doesn't even know how he feels towards her...

"What were you trying to say, Kaka-kun?" She asked, looking in the other direction also.

"Uh... I... I... L-Love..." He began to mumbled out, stuttering quite a bit.

She stared at him, once he had mentioned that one word. Love? What is he talking about?

Kakashi sighed, he stayed silent as he stared at the rock underneath him, not saying a word at all. I shouldn't have invited her, this was a mistake...

Kaiya had something else on her mind, she tried to think of what was happening, and why Kakashi was loosing his cool. He gave me this rose... And he is saying something about love...?

Then that was when the thought finally struck her. Wait, is he saying that he is in love with me!?