Thirteen

H-He's in love with me!? She shrieked inside her mind, while she kept her eyes on the rose that Kakashi had just given her.

Flash-back

"Okaa-chan? Why do people fall in love?" Kaiya asked, while looking into a book that showed two people hugging each other.

Her mother chuckled. "Love, huh? Now, what got you thinking of this, Kaiya?"

A smile crossed Kaiya's lips. "Ko-chan and Onii-san!"

Itami choked on his tea, he coughed a bit before speaking. "K-Kaiya... There is nothing between me and Ko!"

"Oh really! Yesterday I saw you kissing her!" Kaiya pointed while laughing.

A blush covered Itami's face, while their mother chuckled. "Itami, we already knew that you were dating Ko."

"Okaa-chan!" He shouted while his face flushed a darker shade of red.

"So onii-san? Why do you love Ko?" Kaiya asked, tilting her head slightly while she gave a confused look.

Itami's eyes widened slightly, as he sat there for awhile, not saying a word. "W-Well..."

"Come on, Onii-san!" Kaiya got impatient with her brother.

"I-I just love her, alright! I don't know how to explain it, but all I know is that I feel affectionate towards her."

"Affectionate? Like as a friend or something?" Kaiya asked.

"No, Kaiya. He means more than a friend." Her mother chuckled, her light emerald eyes lightning slightly.

"More than a friend?" Kaiya repeated.

"You'll know once you fall in love one day, Kaiya." Her mother's voice reached her ears.

Kaiya let out a small laugh. "Okaa-chan, You know that Kaiya won't fall in love!"

"Who knows, maybe you will one day, Kaiya."

Flash-back-over

A blush appeared onto her face, while she sat there her eyes narrowing to Kakashi, who also just sat in the awkward silence. So this is what she had meant... This feeling of affection is what you call love?

Kaiya's heart was thumping, this was a feeling that she didn't understand, a feeling that she hadn't felt before. So this is love... Affection towards someone, one that wants you to be more than friends with someone... Is that how Kaka-kun feels towards me?

"I love you..." Kakashi muttered, with a slight growl. His glared slightly wavered, his coal colour orbs held hope as well as a small hint of pain. Even if she doesn't love me back... I might as well tell her...

Her eyes slightly widened, while she listened to his words. Kaka-kun... So it's true, he does feel affectionate towards me... Her blush appeared once again, while she let out a small smile that Kakashi did not see.

"I love you Kaiya... I have since we first met..." His voice faded off. "I... Just thought you should know..." A bit a pain showed in his voice while he spoke, he then got up and started to leave.