Seventeen

"Since Kakashi is a jonin, he will be the team captain." Minato stated in a serious tone.

Kaiya looked at Kakashi, while exclaiming. "You're a jonin!?"

The rest of the team had a sweat drop hovering over their heads while Obito replied. "Of course Kakashi is a jonin, Kai-chan. Kakashi, you didn't tell her?"

"I thought I had, but I guess I didn't." He stated simply.

"Kakashi-kun! You can't just act so blunt about it, Kai-chan is you're girlfriend!" Rin glared lightly at the older male.

"But the book I'm reading says I'm allowed to keep some secrets from a lover." He stated.

"What kind of book is that!? Both Obito and Rin asked, glaring at Kakashi.

He stared at them boringly, then slowly looked to both Minato and Kaiya, who just had a questionable look on their faces. He pulled out a book from his pouch, showing the cover to his teammates. "This book."

Obito's eyebrow twitched, while Rin eyes widened before she glared even harsher. Kaiya stared at the cover, reading the title of the book. "Make out paradise."

Kaiya looked over to Minato, while asking. "Ain't that the book that you read Minato-sensai?"

Minato's face flushed. "Yes, that book was written by Jiraya-sensai, it's the first book in the series."

"You mean there is more?" Kakashi asked, stepping closer to his sensai.

"Yes, he has written three books so far..." His voice faded off, as he spoke.

He sighed. If we do this mission correctly, and come home safely, Kaiya will also become a chunin...

Flash-back

"Minato, are you sure you would like to take your students to the third great ninja war, it is a very dangerous mission for children their age. Rin is 12, and so is Obito and Kaiya, Kakashi is nearly 13, he may be a jonin, and the other two are chunin. Do you really think they can handle this?" Hiruzen asked, his expression not changing.

"Of course they can, I believe in my students. They will be able to handle this, I will also be going on the mission myself, do not worry."

"What about Kaiya, she is still a genin while the others are a higher level than she is."

"This mission, I was going to sign her to become a chunin once she finishes. She may be a genin, but she is quite strong for someone her age. She also has been training with Kushina-chan, Mikoto-san, and including Tsunade-sama."

"Tsunade-sama? Was Kaiya learning how to use the chakra healing technique?" He asked, raising an eyebrow.

Minato shook his head. "No, but she was learning how to control her chakra more correctly, and might have the strength of Tsunade-sama. It was Rin who was being taught under her, with the healing technique."

Hiruzen thought for a minute before speaking. "It seems your team is right for this mission."

"Yes Hiruzen-sama, I know what I am doing."

Flash-back

Yes... This will do nicely, With Kakashi and Obito's close up fighting, Kaiya and Rin's long distance. It will do perfectly...

"I have told you, your mission. Now all we got to do is complete it. I want you to meet me here in two hours." Minato stated.

"Hai!" The four called out, before Minato left them to destroy the Kannabi bridge.