Monsters

Chapter 8: Terrified

I shivered at the note that I was staring at. How did they know? Can they see what I see? Are they the demons that have been haunting me? Is it only imaginary? Whatever it was, it scared the hell out of me. The vision was horrible but the fact that someone or something knew about it was terrible. I waited until darkness took over before the door from downstairs swung open. A sharp pain jolted from behind my eyes. I gripped my head hoping that it would make the cluster headaches go away. I heard footsteps creep upstairs.

"Avery, where are you?" I heard a deep voice call. I shook my head and squeezed my eyes shut. The door swung open as a sigh was heard.

"I am fine, dad." I said quietly. I breathed as I tried to force the headache to go away. I glanced up to my dad with teary eyes.

"This is getting ridiculous. You need to see a doctor about this." He said before gripping my arms.

"Dad, I will be fine." I stated. He shook his head.

"I don't care. We are going to the doctor, right now." He stated. He pulled me up as I wobbled a bit. I stood up straight and followed after him. I slid into the car and laid my head back. I winced at the jolt of pain. My dad casted me a worry glance. I waved him off letting him know that I will be fine. He was careful along the way to the hospital.

-
The doors slid open as my dad marched to the front desk. He started talking to the lady while she started flipping through folders. My eyes wandered around to find something interesting. The pain subsided a bit.

"What is the problem here?" A feminine voice said from behind me. The voice sounded familiar. The voice from earlier. I flinched slightly and turned around to face a blonde woman. She had a white coat as she held a clipboard. My dad sighed in relief.

"My daughter has been having these horrible headaches. Some know them as cluster headaches or suicide headaches." My dad stated as he placed a hand on my shoulder. I smiled slightly at her.

"Ah, it's that time of the year." She stated. "Follow me."

"Thank you." My dad said. He grabbed my arm and started dragging me. I stumbled forward at the sudden yanking. I lectured my dad as we entered a room. The woman patted the bed for me to sit. I pushed myself up on the bed and waited.

"I am doctor Angel." She said as she shook my hand. She sat down and stared at me.

"My name is Avery Woodman." I said as I waved my hand back and forth. She nodded in acknowledgement.

"So, has anything weird happened?" She asked suspiciously. I shook my head and shrugged. My dad scoffed at my answer.

"Yeah, right. She has these visions. Sometimes, they are so bad that she passes out." My dad answered. I felt my veins burn as I glared at the ground.

"Did you just recently have a vision?" She asked me. I continued to glare at the ground in silence.

"Yes, she won't tell me about it." My dad replied. His stare burned through me. I adverted my eyes towards the doctor as she leaned back.

"Why don't you tell us about your vision?" She asked. I watched the doctor closely. A ghost of a smirk was placed on her face. I looked up and stared at her. I pictured myself lunging towards her and ripping her into pieces with my bare hands. The thought pleased me a bit. I stood up and shook my head.

"No, I don't feel comfortable telling any of you." I said. My eyes switched from both bodies. My dad frowned as the doctor nodded.

"I understand. Now, on with your cluster headaches." Angel said as she motioned for me to sit back down. I placed myself back on the bed and sighed.

"What do we do about them?" My dad asked. Dr. Angel glanced at my father and back at me.

"You might have to go on medication for awhile." She warned. I nodded and waited for her to continue. "It has some symptoms to it, though."

"What are the symptoms?" My dad asked. He kept asking questions that made my veins burn even more. Shouldn't I be asking these questions?

"Well, she might feel a little less herself. As the days go on, she won't be herself." Angel stated.

"What do you mean?" I spoke up. She gave me a small smile.

"You will turn into something you never thought you would be." She stated as she patted my shoulder.

"You don't have to take the medication." She pushed. I shook my head.

"No, I will. I need to get rid of these headaches. How long will I have to be on it?" I asked. My dad waved his hands in the air dramatically.

"Only for about 2 months." She replied.

"Alright, where is it?" I asked. She put a finger up and walked to one of the cabinets. Headaches was printed on one of the doors.

"Seriously? Out of a cabinet?" My dad shrieked. Angel placed a bottle of pills in my open palm.

"This should last for 3 months in case 2 months isn't enough." She said. I nodded and closed my palm.

"Thank you." I said as I hopped down and started walking out behind my father.

"See you later." The doctor said. The voice sounded familiar. The same voice that haunted me in my sleep.

-
I stepped into the car and buckled in. I heard a furious sigh escape from my father's mouth. I glanced over and immediately regretted doing so.

"What the hell is wrong with you?" My dad shouted as he pulled out of the parking lot. His hand gripped the steering wheel tightly that his knuckles turned white. I rolled my eyes and huffed.

"You are the one who was complaining that I needed help." I snapped. I looked out the window as the trees zipped past the car.

"You are destroying your life with those pills." He stated.

"My life is already destroyed." I screamed towards him. "It's my fault."

"It's not your fault, Avery." He said softly. I continued staring out the window.

"What do you know?" I shouted as I turned my head towards him. He sighed in defeat.

"Why won't you tell me anything about your vision?" He asked wanting answers. I shook my head violently.

"I am not going to tell you." I stated. His knuckles turned white again.

"Why not?" He shouted.

"Because I am terrified."

--
Hey! Another chapter done! Yay! Hoped you enjoyed it.

Vote, comment, and follow.

~Katie