Monsters

Chapter 17: Rejection

I was confused to why my mother would say that. I stared at her while she stared at me. I bit my bottom lip.

"Why?" I asked. "Wait, no. Just, never mind." I answered for myself. I started to stuff my face with food while she stared at me. She shrugged and stuffed her mouth with bacon. I shoved piece after piece.

"Hey, you should probably get going. It's 7:45." My mom said. I nodded and placed the plate in the sink. I ran upstairs to grab my things. "Come on, Avery. Hurry your ass up."

"I'm coming." I shouted as I walked down the stairs. I brushed past her and made my way out to the truck.

"No goodbye?" She called from the house. I laughed lightly and waved.

"Goodbye, mom." I called back. I hopped into my truck and pulled away from the house.

-
Lunch finally came around. I have been sleeping in most of my classes. Lizzie tried to wake me up in some of the classes but failed. Jessica was rambling on about something that never seems to catch my attention. Bella finally spoke up.

"Hey, Liz. I am going to go check on Jake after school. Wanna come?" She asked. Lizzie shook her head.

"Sorry, Bells. I promised Angela I would help her with homework." She denied. "Tell Jacob I said hello, will ya?"

"Yeah, I will." Bella said taking up the offer. She turned to look at me. "Can you come, Avery?"

"Yeah, I don't have anything important to do." I stated. I watched people sit down and get up and from different tables. "Hey, I will be right back."

"Alright, I will come by after school." She said. I nodded in acknowledgement and got up. I went up to Peyton's table and tapped her on the shoulder. She turned around and smiled.

"Hey, Avery. Care to join us?" She said as she gestured to the whole table. Katrina raised an eyebrow slightly.

"No thanks. I just need to talk to you and Katrina." I answered. Peyton glanced at Katrina who shrugged. They both got up and followed me out of the cafeteria. I ushered them into a room that was vacant.

"What's the problem?" Katrina asked annoyed. I rolled my eyes and scoffed.

"This is a h-" I was cut off by the bell.

"Oh, sorry. Can we talk another time, Avery?" Peyton asked nicely. I slowly nodded as they rushed out of the room. My hand lightly touched the ground as I sat down. I leaned against the wall and banged my head against it. My hands gripped my hair.

"My life is a mess." I whispered.

-
I pushed the door open of the house and threw my stuff on the floor. Noises were heard from the office. I marched upstairs and pushed the door open. Annabell was sitting on the floor with papers scattered all around. She glanced up from the paper she was examining. She smiled and set the paper down.

"Good, your home." She chirped.

"Actually, I am going out with Bella." I said crushing her hopes. She frowned slightly but nodded.