Monsters

Chapter 23: Eclipse

I pushed my mother away and grabbed the water from the table. I chugged it down and placed back down. I laid back down and made myself comfy again.

"What happened?" I asked as I stretched. My mom chuckled a bit and patted my head.

"You kicked some Volturi ass." She stated but sighed. "Also, Lizzie stayed behind with them."

"What?" I shrieked as I shot up. "Well, she needs to come back. Obviously people are going to notice she's gone."

"The Cullen's wrecked her car and said she got into a car crash." She explained.

"What about the body?" I asked as I stood up.

"Well, they will figure that out." She stated. I went over to grab some clothes. "Also, your werewolf has been dying to see you."

"I will see him later." I stated. "First, I need to see Bella about this."

"Alright." She gave up and went downstairs. I stepped into the shower and washed off.

-
I pulled up to the Swan's house and knocked. I waited and waited but no one ever came. I decided to go check throughout the woods. I walked for about 10 minutes until I decided to just give up. My eyes caught trees bunched up with light shining through. I peeked through the trees to see Bella and Edward sitting in a field with flowers. I stepped out into the clearing a bit so I could get their attention.

"Marry me." Edward said. He seemed happy with Bella in his arms. Bella seemed shocked but I could see a hint of excitement in her eyes. I stepped back out of the clearing and took off running. I didn't want to run their precious moment. I kept running as I surprised. Bella would say yes to Edward. Of course, she would. How? I mean, he left her. He left her heartbroken for months. I shook my head as I continued running. I got back to the Swan's house and hopped into my truck. I didn't hesitate to put the key in the ignition.

"Well, Jared. Looks like I coming sooner than I thought." I mumbled. I took off to the first place I thought of.

-
I parked my truck as boys shot out of the house. I got out with a smile as the boys started shoving each other. Embry started cheering when he saw me. Arms wrapped around my waist. I glanced up to see Embry hugging me tightly.

"Hey, Avery." He said with a sheepish smile. I wrapped my arms around him.

"Hi, Embry." I greeted back. He released me and stepped aside. Everyone was staring at me with pleading eyes. I opened my arms for a bear hug. Everyone shot for me to give me a hug. Everyone hugged everyone.

"Guys, step back." A demanding voice instructed. The boys stepped back and frowned. I was engulfed into another hug. "Hi, Avery."

"Hi, Madi." I greeted. She pulled away and smiled. I glanced around and noticed some new members of the pack. I raised my eyebrow at the newest members. One of them was Leah. "Hey, Leah. I heard about your dad."

"I don't need your sympathy." She snapped. I was taken aback by the tone. She stomped off which confused me. Everyone was still normal but quiet. I bit my bottom lip as the other new member stared at me.

"I'm Quil." He introduced. "Jared won't stop talking about you."

"Yeah, it's gets annoying sometimes." Paul butted in.

"Yeah, but not as boring as Jacob's thoughts." Embry stated. I felt my heart sink. My hand moved to the pockets of my jacket. I clenched my hands into fists. Jared noticed my stiff form and raised his eyebrow.

"Hey, you alright?" He asked as he approached me. I nodded and cleared my throat.

"Yeah, it's just things are hard right now." I stated. "With Lizzie's death and all."

"Hey, we feel horrible too." Paul said. I nodded and turned my head when Emily came out.

"Avery, it's so glad to see you." She said as she engulfed me into a hug. I took the advantage to hug her back. We released each other when Jared started tugging at my arm.

"Jack wants to talk to you." He stated. I turned my head to see Jacob staring at me with pleading eyes. I huffed out air and agreed. I followed after him who was walking away. I jogged to be beside him.

"Have you seen Bella?" He asked.

"No." I lied not wanting to tell him. Bella should tell him herself. He shook his head.

"What really happened to Lizzie?" He asked. I stared hard at the ground.

"She got in a car crash." I lied. He shook his head not buying it.

"Tell me what happened." He demanded. I could feel anger radiating off of his body. "You can't fool me, Avery."

"Are you sure about that?" I asked. He growled darkly that never seemed to scare me. "Jacob, she died in a car crash."

"I don't believe you." He shouted. I shook my head. "You believe in the wrong ways. I know she is still alive."

"I'd rather believe she is dead." I paused. "Then to believe that she betrayed us and left." I turned on my heel but stopped when everyone was watching the scene. I fought against the feeling and took off. I jumped into my truck and pulled out. I drove to the person I needed to see. I pulled into the driveway and parked. I jogged up to the house and knocked on the door. The door opened revealing a very stressed out Sue.

"Hey, is Seth here?" I asked. She nodded and moved to let me in.

"He is in his room." She answered. I nodded and went to his room. I knocked on the door and waited.

"You can come in." A shallow voice called out. I stepped in to see him lying down in bed with the covers draped over him.

"Seth?" I called. He shot up out of bed and fixed himself. I gave him a tight smile. I sat down on his bed as he did the same. Silence bounced off the walls. "I heard about your dad."

"I don't need your sympathy, Avery." He stated. I nodded and waited for him. I turned my head. He eyed me out of the corner of his eye. Lips crashed onto my own. I was taken aback by the sudden action. What is with people kissing me unexpectedly? He pulled away with a frown.

"I like you, Avery."

--
Ooooooh. What do you say about that? I say nothing.

Vote, comment, and follow.

~Katie