Chapter 13: Fresh Start

Renesmee's POV

When I wake up I feel sticky and gross then I remember what happened. The stickiness is from the ointment Stef had put on my face. I must've had a bad dream because I'm all sweaty. I get up and put the sweaty sheets in the hamper, then I pull out some clean pajamas. It's a good thing that I keep clothes here. 

I take a shower, the hot water helps me relax and so does the vanilla shampoo that Stef buys for me. After I dry off and put on my new pajamas, then I blow dry my hair. Its getting really long, I've thought about cutting it but Alice, Rose and Stef would kill me. So I just pile it into a messy bun. I hear two guy voices coming from the living room. I put on a thin layer of the ointment Stef made for me, put on some slippers then go to the living room. 

When I get there I'm surprised to see Jake talking to Seth. They both look up when I walk in "uh hey Seth" I say.

"Hi Ness" he says walking over to hug me. I hug him back.

"Not that I'm not happy to see you, but why are you here?" I ask. 

"Well Jake didn't tell anybody he was leaving. So Leah got all riled up, then Embry and Quil got worked up so I called Jake and he told me where you guys were. And I asked if I could come" he explains. 

"Your mom just let you pack up and fly to New York?" I ask 

"Yea surprisingly she was really clam about it Leah on the other hand..." he says not needing to finish. 

Leah doesn't like me, my mom or anyone else in our family. She hates vampires but because of Jake she try's (not well I might add) to be polite to us. 

"Leah came with me" Seth says looking down.

"Oh, where is she?" I ask reluctantly. 

Seth rolls his eyes "she's at a hotel not too far from here" 

"Good" I say before I can stop myself. Seth and Jake laugh.

"Our thoughts exactly" Seth says, I laugh with them. 

"Um Ness what happened to you" he asks looking at my face 

"Seth" Jake says in a warning tone. 

"It's okay Jake" I say 

"Sorry I didn't mean to be rude" he says flushing with embarrassment. 

"You aren't being rude" I saythen I take his hand and show him what happened. 

"Wow I didn't think that Edward could get that mad" Seth says clinching his fist. 

"Us either" I say 

"So you're staying here?" I ask him 

"If it's okay with you" he says. 

"It's fine with me but I should ask Stef"

"Who's Stef" Seth asks 

"My friend she crashes here a lot" I explain. "I'll be right back" I say going to Stef's room I walk in and close the door behind me."Stef wake up" I say sitting on the bed and shaking it, she moans and pulls the covers over her head. "Come on I have a guy I want you to meet" I say she peeks out from under the covers. 

"Is he cute?" she asks 

"You'll have to come and see" I tease.

She sighs "okay, okay I'm getting up" she says. "So who is this guy?" she asks walking into the bathroom.

"A friend of Jake and I, he's going to be staying with us" I explain. "Is that okay?" I ask her.

"Sure Ness I mean its your place not mine" she says.