Chapter 19: Worry

Jacob's POV

We've been pacing around the condo for hours Ness isn't answering her phone and we still can't find her.

"Where could she have gone?" I say plopping down on the couch

"I have no idea" Stephanie says.

Leah laughs quietly "when Bella and Edward get here their going to kill you" she says.

"Is she always like this?" Stephanie asks

"Unfortunately" Seth says sighing.

"Relax guys she's probably fine" Leah says

"How do you know that?" I say.

"Cause even Bella's daughter can't be that unlucky" she says

"Not funny L" Seth says then there's a knock at the door.

"Here we go" Leah says

I take a deep breath and open the door. Bella, Edward, Jasper and Carlisle are standing in the door way.

"Where is she?" Edward demands walking in

"We're not sure" Seth says

"What do you mean you're not sure!?" Bella says.

"We went to talk to Leah and Ness decided to stay here. We've been calling for hours but she isn't picking up" I explain.

"Did she leave on her own?" Jasper asks

"Yea her keys are gone and so is her car" Seth says.

"Where would she have gone?" Bella asks

"We have no idea" Seth says.

Then Edward looks at Stephanie the way he always does when somebody thinks something important. He doesn't say anything most likely because Stephanie's looking down. Then I remembered that although we told them about Stephanie on the phone. We haven't actually introduced her to them, I shoot Seth a look. He noticed the look on Edwards face.

"Oh um guys this is Stephanie, Nessie's friend" he says introducing her.

"Hi" Stephanie says awkwardly

"Hi" Bella, Jasper, and Carlisle say at the same time.

"Edward you might as well ask her" I say

Stephanie gives me a weird look as Edward clears his throat

"I wanted to ask you, what was that idea you had a moment ago?" he asks.

"Oh right I forgot you're a mind reader, well I was thinking that I might be able to do a spell that could help" she says, Seth gives her a reassuring smile.

"What do you need?" Bella asks

Stephanie tells us what she needs. She gets a map, a wooden bowl and a lighter and puts them on the table. She asks for some of my blood and a two strands of Bella's hair. She mixes the hair and blood in the bowl then pours the mixture onto the map. She lights the map on fire and starts chanting something as the map burns. When she finished there's a small part of the map left.

"It's not much but it's something" Stephanie says when she's finished.

We all look at the map and there's only one place left on the map.

"Is that as close as we can get?" Bella asks

"Yes unfortunately" Stephanie says

Seth, Edward and Jasper go out to look around where the map showed us and the rest of us stay. There's nothing we can do now except wait and worry.