Chapter 20: Head Spin

Renesmee's POV

I wake up in an unfamiliar bed with scratchy sheets. Then I remember what happened and where I am. I sit up and look around, I see Alec standing as far away from me as he can. He has a slightly worried look on his face.

"Sorry" I say getting off the bed

"I should be the one apologizing" he says walking over to me, he hands me a cup with some blood in it. 

"Thanks" I say taking it

He's looking at me like I'm going to burst into tears or something. 

"Dude I'm okay I just needed a moment" I reassure him

"You just took me by surprise it's been a while since I've been around someone with human like qualities" he explains. 

"But my mom told me you guys keep humans around" I say. 

"Yes well they don't stay that way for long" he said 

"You turn them?" I ask finishing my blood. 

"That's one of the two things we do yes" he says as gently as possible. 

"Oh" I said looking down "so did you really just come all the way out here to warn me?" I ask. 

"Yes by keeping you safe I keep Jane safe" he says looking down. 

I vaguely remembered who Jane was and what I remembered wasn't good. I remembered when we were all standing in the snow and she attacked my dad. With her abilities. 

"How does protecting me protect her?" I ask 

"As long as your alive Isabelle won't touch my sister" he says. 

I'm confused at first then I get it "because Isabelle needs Jane's... talents" I say slowly. 

"Yes" he said then he shot up and looks at one of the windows. I look from him to the window then listen I hear a small squeaking sound 

"What is-" I'm cut off by the windows shattering. Alec covers me just in time but I still have some glass in my hair. Then he's being pulled off of me. 

"Renesmee run!" he yells as some huge guy pulls him away from me. 

I get up and make a run for the door then I'm grabbed by someone. I twist out of their grasp and hit them right in the face 

"Shit!" the guy says

He slams me into the door and I slump to the floor, it didn't really hurt. Mostly because of all the blood that I've had today, then the guy picks me up and holds me. 

"Hey Alec" one of the men say, now that I can see I see that there are five of them. 

Two are holding Alec one is standing by one of the broken windows. The other is holding on to me and the last guy is the one who is talking to Alec. He's wearing a black V-neck shirt, black jeans and his dark blonde hair is sort of slicked back. 

"Ian" Alec says 

"We've been looking everywhere for you" Ian says pulling up a chair and sitting down. "Why would you want to be in this dinky motel? When we have that big castle in Volterra" he says. 

Alec glares at him "I didn't know I wasn't allowed to leave" he says. 

"Isabelle was upset when she found out you were gone and I hate it when my sisters upset" Ian says. 

Ian's expression must not have matched his calm tone because Alec shrinks back a little. Then he looks at me I must look more scared than I feel. He twists like he wants to come over to me, Ian follows his gaze.