Chapter 21: From Bad to Worse

Renesmee's POV

After a bunch of talking everyone decides to let Alec stay, mostly due to me and Stef. Mom and dad are staying with us, while Jasper and grandpa rented out a place close by. The sleeping arrangements had changed a little, luckily I have two extra rooms. Jake and Seth took one room. Mom and Dad took the other room, Stef had to go home for a while. Her mom wanted to see her.

Seth and Jake had agreed to watch Alec even though he promised to stay and help. It's late now but I can't sleep. So I go into the kitchen and make some of Stef's special tea. After I boil the water I put the herbs in then plop down on the couch. I sip my tea enjoying the quite when the front door opens; I look up and see daddy.

"Sorry did I wake you?"

"No just having trouble sleeping" I say.

He walks over and sits next to me "are you alright?" he asks holding my hand.

"I'm still a little shaky but I'm starting to feel better" I say we sit in silence for a while. He's really quite after a minute or two I get why.

"Daddy?"

"Hmm?"

"You know I'm not still mad at you right?" I ask.

He's quite for a second "you should be" he says finally

"But I'm not" I said turning to look at him.

He won't look at me I sigh, since I still have his hand I show him what happened in the motel. He flinched slightly when Ian was threatening me. I showed him how Alec helped me. Then I showed him how I felt when I saw him. How happy and relieved I was that he'd found me somehow. How safe I felt when he hugged me; I let go of his hand and look at him. His eyes are drying up

"Like I said I'm not mad any more. I forgive you so please don't beat yourself up over this" I say. "I love you daddy" I say a tear falling from my eye.

"I love you too Renesmee and I'm so sorry" he says wiping the tear away. I hug him tightly and he hugs me back, we talk for a couple of hours then I fall asleep.

I'm walking in a forest but I'm not in Forks, there's blood on the ground. Like someone has been dragged. I follow the blood trail and it leads to a door. The door is just standing there in the middle of the forest. It's smeared with bloody hand prints I reach for the knob. Which is also covered with blood and when I touch it the blood is still warm.

I open the door and suddenly I'm in a castle. I look down and notice that I'm in a beautiful red dress. I walk around until I smell fire I follow the smell. It leads me to a dark corner with a pile of what used to be burning wood or something. Now it's just ash. As I get closer I see something a flicker of sliver. I gasp in horror as I recognize what it is, it's Aunt Alice's necklace.

I back away from it and trip, I fall into something warm and sticky. When I look at my arms and hands their red, my stomach churns as I realize what it is. I look up and scream, the blood is Jake's .He's on the floor and his throat and wrist are slit open. When I realize he's dead I scream and cry.

I sit straight up blinking away tears. I look around and notice that I'm in my bed, daddy must have put me to bed when I fell asleep. I'm breathing heavily and my heart is racing, my face is wet I must have been crying in my sleep. I start to cry harder then I hear the door open.

"Ness? Are you okay?" Seth asks.

I shake my head no he comes in and sits with me, he holds my hand and lets me cry it out. After I calm down a bit I go in the bathroom and wash my face with cold water.

"Sorry about that" I said sitting on the bed next to him

"What happened Ness?" he asks. I take his hand and show him the nightmare

"Jake's fine, he just texted a minute ago" Seth says after I show him.

"He's not here?" I ask surprised

"Stephanie dragged him out to help her with something" Seth shrugged.

"What about my parents?"

"Stephanie sent them somewhere they could get a little pick me up" he says.

"Oh" I say

"It's just you, me and Alec" he says. Then my cell buzzes from the night stand, Seth hands it to me.

"The number came up as unknown" he says.

"Who else would have my number?" I ask, Seth just shrugs as I hit the talk button.

"Hello?"

"Ah Renesmee glad I finally got you" I freeze.

"How'd you get this number?" I whisper

"From your friend Stephanie she's right here with me. So is your boyfriend" he says.

"What do you want?"

"To talk to you face to face that's it" he says.

"You had to kidnap my friends to ask me that"

"For the record I didn't kidnap them. I honestly just happened to run into them. It was a fortunate accident" he says. I can hear the smile in his voice.

"Where do you want me to meet you?"

"There's a warehouse on 3rd street you'll know it when you see it. Oh and Rennesmee don't make me wait" he says and the line goes dead. Seth and I look at each other then I get up. I'm fully dressed in two minutes.

"Where are you going?" Alec asks me

"To go talk to this jerk" I said pulling my hair into a ponytail

"You can't" he says worried

"He has my friend and the guy I'm in love with I have too" I say.

I look around for my jacket, when I find it I throw it on. When I look at Seth he's dressed too, I'm about to say something when Alec grabs me by the tops of my arms.

"I can't let you do this" he says

"Alec let go of me"

"Ian can't be trusted"

"Alec I have to go"

"No I'm not going to let you!"

"And how exactly are you going to stop her? By threatening her or forcing her just like Ian" Seth says

"He's going to take her" Alec says

"Well you and I aren't going to let that happen" Seth says

"You'll let us go with you?" he asks.

"Ian didn't say I had to come alone" I say, and after a second Alec slowly lets me go.

"Alright" he says relaxing a little

"Plus I'm still on guard duty so you have to come" Seth says.

Alec cracks a smile it's the first one I've seen from him since he got here. But then again Seth has that effect on people. The three of us pile into my car, I drive because I sort of know where the warehouse is. I just hope we get there before anything happens to Jake or Stef.