Chapter 1: Then It Hit Me

Renesmee's POV

One, two, three, I counted in my head as I took down a huge deer before Jake had the chance. "That's three to two I win"Jake growl's and goes behind a tree to phase. 

"You cheated" I hear him say as he comes from behind the tree.

"How? We both pretty much have the same skills. Maybe I'm just a better hunter than you" I laugh. 

"Nessie you are sooo not a better hunter than me" Jake laughs as he punches me lightly on the shoulder. Jake is my best friend in the whole world. Which is weird when you think about it, cause I'm half human and half vampire and Jake's a werewolf. Besides that I love him like a brother. 

"We'd better get going Nessie" Jake said as he wipes some of the deer's blood from the side of my mouth. 

"Thanks" I say, then I look into his eyes and something changes. The whole world shakes and the stars seem to be falling from the sky, a beautiful warmth fills me from the top of my head to the bottom of my feet. 

"Nessie?" "Nessie? Uh earth to Nessie" Jake laughs nervously. "Are you ok?" 

"I-I'm fine" I said shaking my head trying to make the forest stop spinning. 

"Sorry" I say laughing "I-I guess I'm just tired, walk me home?" I ask. 

"Yea Ness like you even have to ask" Jake said with a smile. Then we just walk in silence on the way home. What the hell just happened? I think to myself.