Chapter 9: Running

Renesmee's POV

I wake up to a low argument.

"She's asleep Edward this can wait" I hear Aunt Rose hiss 

"Yea Edward she needs her rest" Aunt Alice chimes in. "She's been awake for a WHOLE week"

Then I drift back to sleep. When I wake up again I know I've been asleep for a while, I look up to see that Jake is already gone. I stop and listen I can hear him raiding the fridge downstairs. I get my toothbrush and toothpaste out of my backpack and walk into the bathroom. I'm so glad the bathroom's in the same room Jake and I had been sleeping in. After my teeth are clean I notice a clean change of clothes on the bed (Alice must have left them). 

I shower and brush my hair then I just stand there. I know from what I heard last night that either my dad was here or is on his way back. And I'm sooo not ready to fight with him right now. I stall as long as I can, till I smell eggs, cheese and bacon coming from downstairs. I follow the smell down stairs slowly, and I'm happily surprised to find Jacob alone in the kitchen. 

"Hey" I said giving him a quick kiss on the lips. 

"Morning sleepy head" Jake said smiling and putting an egg and cheese omelet on a plate which already has four pieces of maple bacon on it. 

"So where is everybody?" I ask after taking a few bites of my breakfast.

"Blondie convinced everybody to try and clam your Dad down, apparently he didn't like us...um sleeping in the same bed" he said washing the pan he used to make my omelet. 

"Yay" I said sarcastically 

"Aw come on Ness you have to talk, not yell, to him some time. Might as well get it over with" Jake said taking my now empty plate. 

"I don't wanna" I whine 

Jake laughs and says "sorry can't help you there Ness but he's your Dad and you love him so work it out"

Jake hugs me and I wrap my arms around his neck and bury my face in his shirt. "Wait" I said looking at his outfit for the first time. "Since when do you wear shirts?" I say laughing. 

"Ha-ha very funny. I think Alice went shopping cause these clothes don't stink and they fit me" 

"You look nice" I say honestly. 

"You too" he said looking me up and down in a way that makes me blush. 

I walk in front of one of the windows and look at my outfit, I have on a deep purple silk shirt with a low neckline (that shows some cleavage) and a medium length black skirt that stops just above my knee. 

"You know I love Alice so much" I said smiling 

"It's kind of...well a little sexy for this discussion isn't it?" Jake said blushing.

"I think that's the point, to show him how much I've grown up" 

I tilt my ear to the side, we have exactly ten minutes before everyone gets back. I walk over to Jake wrap my arms around his neck and kiss him almost the same way I did yesterday. Except this time I pay more attention to our surroundings and break the kiss three minutes before everyone gets to the house. I smile at him while he composes himself just in time for Alice, Rose, Mom, Grandma, Grandpa, and last but not least Daddy to come in the door. 

"Hey Jake it's nice to see you up and moving again" Mom said smiling at him.

"Hey Bells" Jake said nervously. 

I close the little bit of space between us. Then we all just stared at each other. Aunt Alice gives Daddy a look, he clears his throat and looks right at Jake. 

"Jacob I'm sorry about my...overreaction in the woods the other day" he said politely 

"S'ok" Jake says

"But you have to understand I'm just trying to protect my daughter-" 

"From what?" I said getting angry. "It's not like Jake is some stranger, wasn't he pretty much your friend up until a few days ago?" 

"Renesmee your father is trying really hard here" Mom says. 

"NO HE ISN'T!" I all but yell. 

"Renesmee-" Mom starts 

"NO Mom" I said cutting her off. I turn and I face Daddy "did you come here to say sorry to Jake, or did you come here to say sorry and that  I can't see him again?" 

My dad has no answer he just glares at me then he explodes. "I WILL NEVER BE OK WITH THIS!" he yells pointing at me and Jake.

"FINE THEN DON'T BE BUT IT'S HAPPENING WITH OR WITH OUT YOU!" I yell back. 

"WHY CAN'T YOU ACCEPT I DON'T WANT YOU WITH HIM!?" he yells back at me. This really pisses me off and I explode too. 

"WHY CAN'T YOU ACCEPT THAT YOU CAN'T CONTROL ME LIKE YOU CONTROL MOM AND EVERYONE ELSE IN THIS FAMILY!" I yell. 

It gets really quite and Daddy's eyes turn red. I hear a loud slap and cracking sound then I see red. The next thing I know I'm on the floor and I taste blood in my mouth. My hand's on my cheek and Rose is restraining Dad. Jake's hovered over me protectively, Grandpa is trying to see the damage, and Mom's yelling at Dad. I open my mouth and spit blood, I push pass everyone and run I as fast as I can. I hear them calling after me but I didn't care. I run home get my special backpack from under my bed and run to the airport. 

"One ticket to New York" I said to the lady at the booth, with my hand over the spot where Dad had hit me. I get my ticket and bored the plane.