Chapter 10: Big City

Jacob's POV

I tried to follow Nessie but I couldn't keep up with her. She was going too fast she ran home then she was gone. 

"Did you find her?" Blondie asks 

"No she went home then she was just gone" I exhale which just makes me angrier. 

I stalk into the house to find Edward. Blondie moves out of the way without even trying to stop me, I find him in the kitchen. 

"YOU HAPPY NOW?" I yell.

"Listen Jacob-" Edward starts 

"NO!" Bella said interrupting him. "HOW COULD YOU HIT HER!?" she yells looking like she's crying minus the tears. 

"I-I don't know" he said sounding sad and disgusted with himself. 

"Well did you at least hear where she was planning to go?" I ask. 

"No she was just screaming I HATE YOU!! Over and over again in her head" he said looking like he's going to cry too. 

If he starts then I will too so I mumble "I'm going to the house to see if I can get an idea of where to start looking" 

As I try to make my escape Blondie tugs my arm. "Jacob?" she says making my eyes pop cause this is the first time she's ever called me by name.

"Yea?" I ask.

"When she calls you, at least tell us if she's ok" she says. 

"Um don't you mean if she calls me?" I ask 

"No I mean when" she said then she flits back to Bella's side. 

After that I run to the house and go straight to Nessie's room. Besides the closet door being open (and I doubt anything in here is going to help) there's nothing. So I sit on her bed and try not to cry. Then I hear a buzzing sound I look around on the bed until I find a little blue cell phone.

"Hello?" I say

"Jake" 

"Nessie!?" I almost yell. "Are you ok? Where did you go? Look he's really sorry"

"Jake" she interrupt's me. "One thing at a time" she said, she sounds like she's been crying. "Jake I need you to come here"

"Where's here Ness?" I ask 

" Go to my dresser in the top drawer you'll find a big envelope, under my bed there's a black duffle bag. Take this stuff and go to the airport, terminal 3 and go to the lady at the desk. She'll have your ticket see you soon Jake, love you" then the line goes dead. 

I sit there for about two minutes then I walk over to the drawer, my eyes pop again because its filled with bras and panties. I move them aside and find the envelope and under the bed I find the duffel. I open the envelope and there is A LOT of money and an ID with my face on it

"Jacob Wolfe" I read it out loud and smile. 

I put the ID in my pocket and put the money in the bottom of the duffle, then I run to the airport and follow Nessie's instructions to the letter. Before I know it I'm on an airplane. I don't even know where I'm going until the pilot said it on the intercom. 

"New York?" I said confused, why is she here?

The plane lands, I don't need to go find my bag cause I took it on the plane with me, I'm standing outside when a red Volvo pulls up in front of me. Then she gets out. She has her hand covering where Edward hit her, but she's smiling.

"Hey" she said

I run over to her and hug her, I can tell she wasn't touching the ground anymore but she's  hugging me back. 

"Don't ever do that to me again" I say into her hair 

"Sorry Jake" she said into my chest. "Uh can you put me down now?" she says laughing, I put her down and she's still hiding her face. 

"So New York" I say 

"Yea I have a condo here" she said getting in the passenger seat.

I put my bag in the back next her backpack and get in the driver seat. We talk while she gives me directions to her condo. We park the car and go inside the building.