Chapter 3: Answers

Renesmee's POV

I wake up the next day rested but still confused about what happened yesterday with Jake. Before I can answer anything I need to shower brush my teeth and see if mom is home. Sometimes she stays at the house with Aunt Alice. After I'm clean I put on a long sleeve purple top and some black jeans. 

"Mom" I call

"In here" she answers from the living room, when I walk in she's bent over her beat up copy of Wuthering Heights

"I need to ask you something" I say as I sat on the loveseat next to her, I pause and listen. "Daddy's not home right?" I asked nervously.

"No, Renesmee what's wrong?" she asks putting the book down and marking her place. 

"I wanted you to explain imprinting to me again" I say shyly. 

"Oh" my mother says surprised. 

"Well" she begins... when she's finished she says "why did you want it rexplained Renesmeee?" I touch her face and show her what happened yesterday and what I felt. After a short pause she whispers to herself "it shifted"

"What shifted? Mom what's happening?" before I can ask more my dad walks in. 

"Morning" he says to the both of us, giving us both a kiss on the forehead. Then he takes in my mother's frozen expression and asks "what's wrong?" 

"Nothing" my mother says as she springs up. "I'll be right back I need to talk to Jacob" Then she gives daddy a peck on the lips and runs out the door. I start cramming my head with music lyrics to keep my dad from hearing what my mother and I were just talking about. For about ten minutes he just stares at me trying to hear what I'm keeping from him. 

"What is it!?" he says after another minute, I can tell he was starting to get aggravated.

"Nothing, could we just wait for mom to get back before we talk about it? Please daddy" I beg him. 

I must look  pretty convincing because he drop's it. Then he sits down next to me and holds my hand, I showed him nothing. And just to be sure I start singing Decode by Paramore in my head just in case he tries to poke around in my head. Sitting like this we wait.