Chapter 23: Answers

Renesmee's POV

I pull up in front of the warehouse Ian told me about, the three of us get out of the car. 

"You two ready?" I ask 

"No but I suggest we get this over with" Alec says 

"Ditto" Seth says. 

"Alright then let"s do it" I say as we walk to the side door, it opens as soon as we get to it. 

"Hey Alec Ian said you'd come" some boy says, I remember him from the motel. 

"Derek" Alec says 

"Well come on in" Derek says we reluctantly step inside "this way" Derek says leading the way. We walk for a while then we stop at a door Derek opens it "there waiting inside" he says. 

When we walk into the room I see a table in the middle of the room. My heart almost stops when I see Jake and Stef. There tied to chairs and gagged with duct tape. Ian is sitting in between them. 

"So glad you made it, please sit" he says casually. 

We sit in the chairs across from them I quickly make eye contact with Jake. He looks mostly pissed which means that Ian probably hasn't hurt them. 

"Nice to see you again Alec" he says 

"Wish I could say the same" Alec says. 

"Fair enough" Ian says "you" Ian says looking at Seth "must be Seth your sister's told me a lot about you" he says. Which means he has Leah too and she's not here and that is very unsettling. "Don't worry she'll be joining us shortly" he says seeing our facial expressions. 

"Would you mind just getting to the point?" Alec says 

"Sure, what exactly have you told them about us?" he asks Alec. 

"Just that you and your sister have decimated the Volturi. And that Isabelle wants to use Renesmee in some kind of sacrifice" he says. 

"Then I guess that covers the basics. Now you might have some questions that I can't fully answer. The main reason I brought you here is to tell you two things one my sister is throwing a party-" 

"Are you serious!" I say. 

Ian continues as if I didn't say anything "your family and friends are welcome to come, the party will be in about a week or two" he says. 

"Why is your sister throwing a party?" Seth asks 

"She likes to know what she's dealing with" Ian says taking the tape off of Jake and Stef. "Any more questions?" he asks.

"Did you even really answer mine?" Seth says. 

"Isabelle wants to meet you guys see how difficult you're going to make this for her" Ian says to Seth. 

"You can't expect us to let her go" Jake says 

"oh that's the second thing we'll be collecting Renesmee in two days. So you see she has no choice in the matter" Ian says grinning. 

"What is this stupid sacrifice for?" Stef asks 

"Yea that's one of those questions my sister will have to answer" Ian says 

"Did you take my aunt?" I ask. 

"Yes" he says 

"Why?" 

"Isabelle sees her future telling ability as an unfair advantage. So we took her so she couldn't warn you about us" he explains. 

"Ian you have to know that we're not just gonna let her go with you" Stef says. 

"You don't have a choice" he says nodding at Derek, Derek opens the door and two guys drag Leah in. 

"Ian don't!" Stef says

Derek grabs Seth and pins his arms behind his back. One of the boys that brought Leah in does the same to me, then Ian hits Alec hard and sends him flying across the room. 

"Stop!" Jake yells trying to break free 

"If any of you try to stop us this..." Ian says jamming his hand into Leah's chest. She coughs up a bunch of blood

"Leah!" Seth yells trying to break Derek's hold on him. 

"Will happen to you" Ian says jerking his hand and pulling it out of Leah's chest. 

Leah slumps to the floor, I look at Ian and scream. He's holding Leah's heart in his hand. He drops it carelessly on the floor next to her body. Someone hands him a handkerchief and he wipes his hand clean. 

"See you in two days" he says, then they all leave. 

After a minute Seth crawls over to Leah holds her lifeless body and cries. As soon as the numbness leaves my arms and legs I go over to Stef and untie her. She runs over to Seth while I move on to Jake after I untie him he hugs me tightly. I don't even notice I'm crying until he wipes a tear away with his thumb. He kisses me on the forehead then goes over to Seth and Stef, Alec is frozen in the corner. I look from Alec to Seth, Stef and Jake then I pull out my cell and dial my mom's number.