CHAPTER 35

[Author's note: Heyy!! I'm back! ;)
The media that I have added too, is made by Dviti... Thank u once again! :D it's beautiful (in terms of horror :P )............]

"Nandini!! Listen to me..... Nandini stop! Where are you running to?"

She kept on moving further without turning behind to my echoing voice even once!
"God! This girl has gone mad!" I muttered under my breath....

I nodded my head in disgust and kept on moving further until I caught up with her...
I held her hand from behind and gasped, "Nandini!"

It got me so furious after she shoved my hand away and pushed me behind, that I raised my hand and somehow it touched her cheek turning it into a tight slap!

She was shocked giving a quizzical look and in no time her eyes were flooding with anger ....

My jaw almost touched the ground and I stumbled upon my words,
"I'm s-sorry Nandini! I-I didn't m-mean to do it!"

She barked out, "How dare you touch me huh?"

Her voice....
It had changed.... Her eyes were turning red and they widened.
My stomach twisted into a knot!

Mahanandan!!

Suddenly she held my collar with one hand and placed the other on my chest.....
"You can never take her along with you.... " She smirked.... "Rajwanti is mine! "
After these two sentences she pushed me down with complete force.

I flew up battling through the air landing up on the ground with a thud.
My head banged on a rock and I was pulled down the steps even further....

Nothing could help me I was losing consciousness. I grabbed my head as the pain ran towards the back of it......

I felt something wet and sticky as I touched it.... I got my hand forward to find it out to be blood!

I could not let this happen. Mahanandan was the one who pulled Nandini out of the hotel. That was the reason why at first she held my hand and took me along, because she wanted me to stop her!!

But in no time she asked me to stay back.... It was a trick to pull her into the fort.

Nandini knew what consequences she was going to face and that is why she started sulking.

I tried to get up but my back felt like it could suffer a crack if a tried to move it....
The pain was severe but I had to rush upwards ... Anything could be done to Nandini... Rajwanti's evil lover wanted her.... And only her!

I bit the inside of my cheeks to fight back tears and tried to get up. It was unbearable.... I bit myself so hard that I could feel the blood gush up into my mouth....
"Nandini!" I croaked.

Soon I heard a car approaching me. I turned my head and looked up.
It was Nandini's and my parents.

I smiled weakly....
They all ran up to me questioning me in every possible way....

But all I could answer was, "Mahanandan took her into the fort. I was unable to help her."

I was unable to control and I screwed my eyes shut flushing out tears from my eyes. I had never cried in my teenage years... Not even when I suffered a fracture when I was in the eighth grade. But this made me feel really guilty.
It felt like someone was squeezing my heart!

One of my hands still remaining under my head I placed the other one in Nandini's father's....
"You need to save her!" I forced the words out.

"Dad" I turned towards him who was sitting on the other side.
My mother could not bear the pain to see me..... And tears were streaming down from Nands' mother's cheeks too....

"Dad, could you help me get up? I cannot manage it alone...."

"No Nikhil! Look at yourself... You will hurt yourself even more. You- "

"Dad please... Or I'll have to do it by myself. But I will hurt even more." I pleaded.

"Okay!" he agreed reluctantly.

Nandini's father gave out a helping hand too. I could see the impatience in his eyes.
He wanted to rush towards the fort and get hold of Nandini but he stood there to get me back on my feet.

I groaned in pain as I started straightening my back. My hands rested upon my sides, almost lifeless but my mother screeched in horror when she saw my head dripping with blood.

"Nikhil" she screamed out and ran towards me.
She held my head in her palms and sat down next to my father.

"We cannot let him move. I can't let him move. Look at the pain he is suffering from! How could Nandini just move into the fort without informing anyone? It is all because of her that my Nikhil is suffering through such agony." She was way too angry.

My father held her hand and squeezed it so that she could keep shut in front of Nandini's parents and they would not feel hurt but she continued.

"No let me speak! Enough of it. All this while Nikhil has been helping her out through all her difficulties.... Even though it was her problem be stood by her. All what she did was... Look. Just look at his condition. And this boy yet wants to help her out when she is not willing to accept his help! "

"Mom please! Enough of your lecture now. I am not dead okay!? But if I don't go there.... Nandini surely will be. She was not the one who pushed me. It was Mahanandan. I heard her voice. Now only if you could understand her parents' worries and help me get up! Or I don't need any one of you all.... I can save her on my own!"

I moaned in pain as they lifted me on my back and after alot of pain and struggling through the clutches of death I stood up fighting every step I could.

Mahanandan was trying his best. But he didn't know me.

I don't lose competitions easily.
Be it in school during sports or be it now, to save someone I love!

I managed to take a few steps and got myself comfortable with all the limps that I took... I headed towards the fort.

After the next fifteen minutes I was standing there.......
In front of the fort with a huge dome....

I heard Nandini pleading.... And I stomped myself inside!

[Author's note: Hope it's good and I don't have to listen to any complaints about the chapter being short! :P
Thanks alot.... :)
Love
-Mansi ]